Game - I've done this; have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heck, yes. Funny story: last year I was looking for an attorney. I phoned one attorney & got her assistant's voice mail. Turned out to be a woman I worked with who was one of the most difficult people I have ever worked with. Phew - I hung up immediately & thank God to this day she wasn't at her desk when I phoned since she would have recognized my British accent in an instant & known it was me. She's one of the last people I would want to know my business.

How do you handle "touchy" people? I always have a problem with them.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
How do you handle "touchy" people? I always have a problem with them.
Not sure what your definition of "touchy" would be.  To my way of thinking it means sensitive.  Therefore, I would handle them with kid gloves. 

Have you driven a convertible (car)?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Downhill and cross country skiing, yes, but never in the Alps

Have you ever gone ice skating outdoors at night?  (It's simply breathtaking)

Last edited:

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have, but only fairly small artificial rinks, so it was fun but not quite breath-taking.

Have you been on a bobsled track? I have, but on an innertube. It was fun.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never been on a bobsled track. Looks suicidal.

Ever been ice skating on a frozen river or lake? I have a few times and it's glorious, though you have to be careful. You just fly and fly like a bird across the ice.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't done a total renovation, just an improvement.

I have met a friend who came to visit me after we got to know each other on line. Have you done this?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Many times. I was on another cat board and many of us were lucky enough to become very close. We would have get-togethers and visit each other quite often. There are a few from that board that I still feel very close to, others not so much anymore. I still chat on the phone with some of them. Good times.

Have you ever gone to another state or country to visit somebody you initially met online? 

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes. An ex-girlfriend of mine was from Singapore, and we originally met in an online chatroom .  We initially met in California, since it was more or less half way in-between us.  I also did the reverse  A long time online friend of mine came to visit me and is now my housemate (and sooooooooooooo much better than he guy who lived here before her).

Have you ever been camping in the snow?

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes.  It was not a pleasant experience.  It seems that sand fleas can get right through tent netting. We did not sleep at all and drank the alcohol for the entire weekend in one night.  At daybreak we went swimming where we were attacked by large biting flies.  We packed up the canoe and went back to the mainland for the drive home after that.  I might camp on the beach again, but not at Hammock Beach State Park.  

Have you ever had a campsite you were using flood and almost lose a car?  I have.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes.  It was not a pleasant experience.  It seems that sand fleas can get right through tent netting. We did not sleep at all and drank the alcohol for the entire weekend in one night.  At daybreak we went swimming where we were attacked by large biting flies.  We packed up the canoe and went back to the mainland for the drive home after that.  I might camp on the beach again, but not at Hammock Beach State Park.  

Have you ever had a campsite you were using flood and almost lose a car?  I have.
​Could you rephrase your question? Do you mean floodlights, or flood gear or ?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Um no. That sounds scary! I have only camped a few times in my teen years. I wasn't a big fan. If I do it would be sleeping in the back of my truck off the ground. Too many bugs that bite!

Have you ever set up at a flea market trying to unload clutter? I have! I ended up doing it every week for years! I was hooked on finding things for people!

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heck, I've never been to Manhattan.
Pam, I could have sworn you mentioned you drove down to the city a few times to meet a friend?

I never went on a blind date & would be very reluctant to meet someone from online. I'm very shy in that regard.

I lived in Manhattan & future husband lived in CT. Would you date someone who lived in a different state?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Pam, I could have sworn you mentioned you drove down to the city a few times to meet a friend?

I never went on a blind date & would be very reluctant to meet someone from online. I'm very shy in that regard.

I lived in Manhattan & future husband lived in CT. Would you date someone who lived in a different state?
No, no. I drove to New York state (Wallkill, to be exact) to visit a friend, but not to NYC. Our son dated a girl who lived in Manhattan and he used to drive in on weekends. But not me....never been there. 

Oh yeah, that wouldn't be a problem. I'd date somebody from a different state. But if it was a really big city, he'd be driving to my house! 

Would you drive to another country to see a music concert? (One of the best concerts we went to was to see ACDC in Canada.)

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pam, dating someone in a different state gets very old. I made the 3 hour bus trip way too many times. :(

No, I would not.

Do you go to karoeke bars?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to when I was younger, and I found out my husband is a VERY good singer, he even got requests! It was so neat to find out the REAL words to songs I THOUGHT I knew!

Do you gamble at all on vacations? Or are you more family orientated.  (LasVegas anyone?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.