Game - I've done this; have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh lord no.  I would hate to see me.  Would be like a cat on a hot tin roof I'm sure.  I have a feeling I look like that anyway doing any type of dance haha!

Have you ever done ballroom dancing?  I have...and stepped on many feet, including my own

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been to about two tap classes, so technically yes. (I was however a semi-professional ballet dancer before university, and I love ballroom dancing. You can ballroom dance to a wide variety of music by the way. Ballroom dance is not a musical genre.)

Have you ever played in a band?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I once went up to an elderly gentleman friend at a fete and slapped him on the bottom as that's what he used to do to me. 

It wasn't my elderly friend..
That is hilarious! 

I have never played in a band.

Have you ever had your own business?

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
Yes!  I didn't used to at all, but it's become a thing at our house.  I compare it to eating all of one thing on your plate before moving on to something else

Do you buy dvd's or record shows anymore?  I still record certain shows, but almost never ever buy anything.  Can't remember the last time I purchased a dvd.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, but I want to

I told a friend that I won the lottery and was so serious that she believed me. Have you ever played a practical joke on someone?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I think they are cruel.

Ever stayed in a hotel in the town where you live? I mean like getting away for the day & night?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not at a hotel, but I've stayed at a local B & B, just to have some "me" time. It was wonderful.

Have you ever gone away for a weekend of shopping or antique-hunting with girlfriends?

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
Not in a very long time, maybe 20 years.  But my sister and I regularly have breakfast dates on Saturday mornings and tie up a table for a very long time, then go shopping!

Do you enjoy shopping alone?  I actually prefer to shop alone.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The only people I like to shop with are my daughters otherwise I prefer to shop alone.

Have you ever taken someone else's coffee or tea drink at a cafe?  I did at Starbucks by accident.

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
No, but I took someone else's pizza once!  I went through the Pizza Hut drive thru--we used to have one of those--and didn't notice until I got home it had someone else's name on the sticker on the side of the box and it definitely was NOT what I ordered!  And yes, we ate it anyway!

Have you ever gotten someone else's food brought to you in a restaurant and ate it anyway?  I ordered chicken once and was brought steak, didn't say anything because it looked good and I figured they just screwed up my order, then I saw my chicken going to the table next to me and they were like "we didn't order chicken, we got steak"....I nearly choked because I was enjoying their steak!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

Have you ever gotten someone else's food brought to you in a restaurant and ate it anyway?  I ordered chicken once and was brought steak, didn't say anything because it looked good and I figured they just screwed up my order, then I saw my chicken going to the table next to me and they were like "we didn't order chicken, we got steak"....I nearly choked because I was enjoying their steak!
No because I'm vegetarian and a fussy one too, lol. 

Have you ever hitch hiked?  I did in college when I was foolish and naive. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
That almost happened to us when we went out for breakfast last weekend. The waitress brought our orders to the table next to us. The guy there said, "Oh, I didn't order that, but I'm hungry, so I'll take it!" Rick said, "Excuse me, that's our order." The waitress apologized and gave us our food. The guy at the next table was actually a little put-out! Evidently, he really was hungry!

Sorry, hbunny beat me to the question. 

No, I've never hitch-hiked. No way. Ever.

Have you ever smoked (cigarettes)? I was a 2-pack a day smoker for 20 years before I finally quit.

Last edited:

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
Yes.  Unfortunately, yes.  I grew up in the era of when my parents bought them for me at the age of 14.  Smoking was allowed in high school by students, there was even a designated smoking area to go between classes.

I still do--but rarely.  I am now addicted to nicotine gum and my doctor says that is better than cigarettes.  I am trying very hard but with my other anxiety/ocd issues it is still a crutch.  I celebrate my small victories.  I feel really bad when people bash smokers because it is the worst thing I have ever tried to overcome, and I do feel that if I had any small bit of discouragement as a teen I wouldn't have smoked at all.  However, I forgive my parents for their enablement.  They were very uneducated about the hazards (both were born in the 1930's) and grew up when smoking was cool and even doctors smoked in their offices.

Have you ever had to deal with a family member with an addiction?  I have, and it is very, very hard. Worst thing I've been through in my life.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. I'm the only one of my siblings that has dealt with her own addictions.

Have you ever gotten someone into rehab?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. I'm the only one of my siblings that has dealt with her own addictions.

Have you ever gotten someone into rehab?
​No, but I've been on the sidelines when it failed.

A young lady was ordered into rehab by a judge and she signed an agreement to, among other things, not have sex with the staff at the rehab facility. Of course she did (she got pregnant and the guy both admitted and tested) and the young lady went to jail. Sadly, after she got out, she began using again. Her behavior made it apparent she needed mental health care more than anything.

Ever have to deal with someone who was mentally ill?

Status
Not open for further replies.