Game - I've done this; have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Manicures a few dozen times. Pedicures twice-I'm horribly ticklesh, and it was like torture. I tried it then tried it again and decided my nerves were not going to stop registering it as tickles so will not be trying it again.

Have you had your eyebrows waxed? I have only once. (It didn't hurt. I just prefer the natural look.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Manicures a few dozen times. Pedicures twice-I'm horribly ticklesh, and it was like torture. I tried it then tried it again and decided my nerves were not going to stop registering it as tickles so will not be trying it again.

Have you had your eyebrows waxed? I have only once. (It didn't hurt. I just prefer the natural look.)
​No waxing, just trimming by the barber when the birds' nests get too bushy.

Ever cut your own hair?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, several

Do you ever read a whole novel in a day?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, several

Do you ever read a whole novel in a day?
Very frequently. When the Harry Potter books were being published, my husband knew I was just going to disappear for the entire day because I'd read them in one sitting. :lol3:

Have you ever made your own pasta from scratch?

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did it with my mom when I was a kid, but I didn't really enjoy it so haven't as an adult.

Have you ever made your own clothes?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Absolutely. I make most of the bread and rolls we munch on around here. I love playing with yeast dough and I love, love, love sourdough.

Have you ever made your own sourdough starter?

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
No, I've always used starter someone else has given me.  I am afraid to try it, but would love to.  I love sourdough bread!  I have a really hard time with breads where I live due to the humidity.  Things don't rise the way they should.  And I gave away my electric breadmaking machine.  I had the most success in it because it controlled the temp.  May have to splurge and get another!

Have you ever made homemade biscuits?  I used to make great ones all the time, and it seems to be one of those things that either you have the knack for doing, or you don't.  I've lost the skill!!!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I used to, and now I have a great new oven I will again.

Have you ever addressed a large crowd of people?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yes, we were at a protest in Maine (it was a union-related thing) and I had to speak at the rally. Scared me to death, but everybody said I did great.)

Have you ever spoken at a public meeting in your town? (That's scary, too, but eventually you get used to it.)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yes. We have a local business that make corn mazes around Halloween. Rick and I tried it one time and I had some trouble until I finally figured it out. So hey, I was in a maze....and a cornfield! 

Have you ever gone swimming in a creek?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes. We have a local business that make corn mazes around Halloween. Rick and I tried it one time and I had some trouble until I finally figured it out. So hey, I was in a maze....and a cornfield! 

Have you ever gone swimming in a creek?
Oh yes. Sometimes happily, sometimes not.

Ever swim in the ocean?

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, all the time while growing up.  I was an east coast girl and went to Maryland, Virginia, and New Jersey beaches.

I used an 'out house' when I visited my grandmother. Have you ever done this?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, we had an outhouse for many years at a country house we had in New York State.

Have you played darts in a bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.