Game - I've done this; have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure, when I lived in England I visited Ireland several ttimes.

As a child once I pinched flowers from a neighbour's garden, did you?

Later on when I saw the lady talking to my mother I thought erroneously that she had come to complain and I blurted out my promise that I would never do it again to their surprise because neither of them knew about my "sin". )

Last edited:

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not that I remember. 

When I was a kid I threw rocks on the roof of a neighbour I didn't like in the middle of the night. Have you?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Goodness no; my parents would have whaled me good for something like that.

But when our son was younger (about 10, I think), he and I toilet-papered our neighbor's property around Halloween. I had told him stories about doing it with my friends when I was young and he wanted to try it. I said the only way we would do it would be that we had to clean it up afterward. That was only fair. So we went over and TP'ed the front porch and a couple trees in the neighbor's yard. Then, for good measure, we soaped a window on their mini van. He had a ball. The next morning, she called over and told us what had happened. She always prided herself on having "ears like a bat" and always said she'd know if anybody was ever on her property, so she was really surprised when she saw what happened. Her young son (five-ish) had just been to his first football game and when he looked out the window and saw all the TP, he clapped his hands and yelled, "We won! We won!" Graham and I went over and cleaned it all up, then stayed there for breakfast. We had a great time. (Guess you had to be there.)

When we were camping at a local state park, we were out walking one morning and saw a mama bear and her two cubs. Have you ever seen a mama with cubs out in the woods?

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
What fun! I was a nerd, so I only went tee-pee-ing a couple of times. We almost got caught when a neighbor guy came out and chased us with a shotgun. As we escaped my kneecap dislocated as it was prone to do and I fell. Fortunately, he didn't pursue us that far. I ruined a pair of slacks and had to explain to my mom how I did it. Friends once not only wrapped our trees, but covered the front yard with newspaper. The wind came up and blew the newspaper all down the block, so I not only had to clean up our yard, but the yards of quite a few neighbors. Back in the day of computer punch cards, my future husband and I would go around to every terminal and collect all the punches. We did it for a couple of weeks. Then we papered a friend's house and scattered the punches into the yard, writing a message with them. He never did find out who did it, thank goodness, but I think he secretly suspected us.

I have seen a mother bear and cubs in the Great Smoky Mountains. The bears were just coming out of hibernation and looked pretty mangy. However, we got one great photo of a bear upside down in a garbage can with only his hind feet sticking out. We weren't stupid enough to get out of the vehicle, although others were. 

I've been aboard submarines twice. Have you?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we were camping at a local state park, we were out walking one morning and saw a mama bear and her two cubs. Have you ever seen a mama with cubs out in the woods?
Wow. I thought a mother bear would attack if she was with her cubs?

Never been aboard a sub.

Have you visited Intrepid in Manhattan?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I guess we were lucky. She was very alert and we were very quiet. We posed no thread whatsoever and she probably realized we were harmless.

Yes, we've seen the Aurora! Sometimes we've gotten lucky, primarily during the colder months and we've gone outside to go somewhere, only to spend an hour standing there, watching the "fingers" of the Aurora moving across the sky. It's one of the most beautiful things in the sky. 

One time, Rick and I were driving into town. The night was very dark and we were driving along the river road. And we saw (what we still think was) a UFO. Have you ever seen a UFO?

Last edited:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
The aurora doesn't get down this far. We do have the Marfa lights, but I've never seen them. Marfa is quite a long drive from here, about 700 miles, so it's more than a day trip. We've been out that way a couple of times. Marfa is an art colony out in the middle of the suburbs of the boondocks. There are lots of theories about the lights but none of them hold up to scrutiny. 

I grow super-hot peppers, or at least I try to - Carolina Reapers, Trinidad Moruga Scorpions. 7-Pot Douglah Brown, etc., as well as extremely hots like the hotter habaneros such the chocolate and the red, the Scotch bonnet, and milder ones and even ones that smell and taste like the hots ones but which have no heat. The same with jalapenos. 

Have you ever raised really hot peppers?

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I've won a small amount from the scratch offs, and ten dollars from a regular lottery ticket. I'd love to say I won a big Powerball jackpot, but I'm still waiting for it. 

I've ridden in a hovercraft. Have you?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Never been aboard a sub.

Have you visited Intrepid in Manhattan?
Isn this the" I have done this, have you" game? 

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did.....I asked about seeing a UFO??
So sorry Pam. I read your post twice & missed it completely. :doh3:

Isn this the" I have done this, have you" game? 
It's a given that we've done what we're asking about. Don't always have time to type it out every post.

Never been on a hovercraft.

I have visited the Intrepid in Manhattan. Have you?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, never.

I have climbed a tree and was afraid to climb down because several cows had gathered around it   Have you done this?

Last edited:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never been treed by cows. We haave a pasture full of longhorns not too far from here and a very small herd of bison up the other way. I wouldn't want to tangle with either of them.

I've held an armadillo. Have you?

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never seen an armadillo.

Have you ever had a mouse for a pet?

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had a mouse fora pet. With anywhere from three to five cats in the house, it wouldn't be a very good idea. We did have hamsters, though. We went on a two-week vacation. Our master escape artist, Omega, managed to get out and go under the closed door where their cages were. The guy who was taking care of them kept refilling her food, since she seemed to be eating every last bit. When we returned home, we found her missing and a huge pile of hamster food in the library closet. She had managed to get under her door, down the long hall, into the library, and into the closet many, many times as she moved the pile of food, all the while evading five cats. 

Armadillos are common here. We're seeing fewer of them as the area is built up, but they're often deceased on the highway. They can tear up grass as they root for grubs. Texas armadillos are prone to carrying leprosy, while those in Louisiana do not. I guess if a Texas 'dillo crosse the state line into Louisiana, he's miraculously healed. The one I held didn't have leprosy (or at least I don't think it did.) They do have very long claws, though and I wouldn't want to try to restrain one.

I eloped to Mexico to get married. Did you?

Status
Not open for further replies.