Future Generations Looking At Us.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Assuming humanity survives for a few more thousand years and with technology, imagine folks from the year 5000 looking at the archives. I wonder what they would make of it.
Just think if we had access to films from ancient Egypt or be able to watch the early settlers in the US arrive or see the Battle of Hastings etc. etc. How cool would that be.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Assuming humanity survives for a few more thousand years and with technology, imagine folks from the year 5000 looking at the archives. I wonder what they would make of it.
Just think if we had access to films from ancient Egypt or be able to watch the early settlers in the US arrive or see the Battle of Hastings etc. etc. How cool would that be.
This is one of the reasons I love silent film. We can actually SEE the Edwardian age in action. Even the late Victorian ones, as short as they are, are priceless.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is one of the reasons I love silent film. We can actually SEE the Edwardian age in action. Even the late Victorian ones, as short as they are, are priceless.
Yes and someone like Peter Jackson should get hold of some and re-do them as he did with this WW1 footage. I posted it on another WW1 related thread earlier today.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mere weeks after this was filmed, the buildings were rubble. This is such a valuable recording.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The San Francisco earthquake struck, followed by a massive fire. Nearly the entire city was destroyed. This film is believed to be the last record ever made of old San Francisco.