Furr-Patch Lost!

soundattack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey people... especially people who know about this problem

ive this white cat... some of you might of seen in other posts where ive posted... shes an adorable kitty

anyhow...ive had her now for almost a year... lately ive noticed something odd.... well not really that late... just 2 days ago... a patch of hair is missing around her neck... it shows her skin... and not a very nice view... i mean no blood or anything... im just not used to seeing a cat's skin... i tried touchin it... its kinda sticky... not really sticky dont know how to explain it... its wet and its kinda yellowish... maybe you have a clue or not... i couldnt take a picture to show cause i didnt have a camera at the time... i was thinkin it could be nothing... when i first noticed it... but now 2 days have passed and its getting bigger... more skin under her neck is showing... the patch is getting bigger... and i feel bad for her... hope its nothing dangerous... i know she wasnt attacked as she never leaves the apartment and i live on the seventh floor... it just appeared out of nowhere... any help on what i should do? thanks

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SoundAttack

hey people... especially people who know about this problem

ive this white cat... some of you might of seen in other posts where ive posted... shes an adorable kitty

anyhow...ive had her now for almost a year... lately ive noticed something odd.... well not really that late... just 2 days ago... a patch of hair is missing around her neck... it shows her skin... and not a very nice view... i mean no blood or anything... im just not used to seeing a cat's skin... i tried touchin it... its kinda sticky... not really sticky dont know how to explain it... its wet and its kinda yellowish... maybe you have a clue or not... i couldnt take a picture to show cause i didnt have a camera at the time... i was thinkin it could be nothing... when i first noticed it... but now 2 days have passed and its getting bigger... more skin under her neck is showing... the patch is getting bigger... and i feel bad for her... hope its nothing dangerous... i know she wasnt attacked as she never leaves the apartment and i live on the seventh floor... it just appeared out of nowhere... any help on what i should do? thanks
I would take her to the vet, especially since the patch is getting bigger.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The sticky yellowyness could be an infection. Or ringworm? or all kinds of other stuff.

Second the vet!

laura's babies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree, it sounds like a trip tot he white coats is called for if it is spreading and especially if it is ringworm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

soundattack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today i noticed a new bald patch on her head... its tiny... but it wasnt there before... its not linked to the other patch... its just a new one appearing... i think she could be pregnant too... i dont know... her stomach seems to be inflating sideways... not facing the ground... could i be wrong or right? and her nipples got bigger in the last 4 to 6 weeks... whats that mean?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
one question-if she never leaves your apartment, how would've she gotten pregnant? as I'm guessing she's not spayed, do you have other unfixed cats? RE: the spots, a vet visit seems to be in order ASAP

soundattack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ive got a male cat at home too... thats why... hes not even a year old... prob 10 months...same with the girl... so could she be preggo? can he even get her pregnant at 10 mnths?

jlutgendorf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some cats reach sexual maturity at 4 to 5 months of age. That's why they recomend spaying/neutering at no later than 6 months old.
Sounds to me like you need to take your boy in to get fixed and your girl in to see about the spots and make sure she's healthy and strong enough to give birth successfully.

~Julia

soundattack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I didnt get the male cat spayed on purpose...wanted the girl to give birth... i wanted lil babies... then get em fixed both... but a cats tummy growin sideways means its pregnant right... more likely i mean

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SoundAttack

I didnt get the male cat spayed on purpose...wanted the girl to give birth... i wanted lil babies... then get em fixed both... but a cats tummy growin sideways means its pregnant right... more likely i mean
You need to take kitty to the vet

alliread

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You should take the cat to the vet, ASAP..she may be pregnant, which is fine, BUT SCARY that young..

And the ringworm is NO JOKE...Im serious..I clean my house , as well as after my pets DAILY..even obsessive about it..And my son ended up contracting it...ON HIS SCALP..which could happen to you..He has been on medicine for 9 months..it was so bad, and its cost 2000 already...

Even if you wouldnt end up getting it, the babies will..

And if it is ringworm, are you aware, the other cat can get it..it lives in sheets, blankets, anything really!! please get it taken care of

soundattack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks alli... ill do tht first thing tomorrow... since its 1:30 am now

your message helped alot... put me on alert... ill keep the cat on the balcony all night till tomorrow morning

soundattack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ive been chekcin ringworms online on cats and other animals... it didnt look like what my cat has... ring worm looks like an infection that appears... my cat has a hair patch missin...thats what i mean... im goin to the vet anyways tomorrow

soundattack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
guys i dont want to sound cheap... is there a medicine i can get for ringworms... i mean i barely hold a hundred bucks on me now and the vet might cost more than what i might expect especially with the check up and the treatment all together... i dont need harsh words... im emotional over my cat at the moment... so if anyone can recommend a medicine i can get her tomorrow... please do... forget bout my other post... im positive its ringworm... ive read bout it and i know what im talkin about...thanks

alliread

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my son had to take an oral medication...And i had to wash every single thing in my house in hot water every other day..for weeks..When its in something like hair, nails, etc..they make it orally..so it can go thru the whole body..

And they do have creams, like tinactin, and jock itch, athletes foot creams..But it did nothing for his scalp..TRUST ME..that was my first attempt. because of the hair follicules it needs to go in the body and grow back out...

It spread on him too, thats why when you mentioned the second spot i almost knew for sure..On his body I used the creams, but scalp couldnt be done that way..

So you could buy the cream Over the counter at a pharmacy, but I really think its a waste of money, the med's have to be prescribed..ATleast here they do..its called griseofulvin..and its expensive..

His didnt look like the pic's online either, even his doctor told me it was ezema or somethin for months....

I hate even LOOKING at this picture, but I put it up incase it would help anyone..
Though humans and animals are different, a circle of hair missing will look the same between them

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, if you cannot afford to take one cat to the vet (or even if you could) for something this serious, you should not even be considering purposefully letting her get pregnant. That is why millions of cats are put down every year. She can be spayed while pregnant, and that would be better for her, you, and every cat in a shelter.

Please let us know what the vet says about the mysterious spots!

soundattack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Also, if you cannot afford to take one cat to the vet (or even if you could) for something this serious, you should not even be considering purposefully letting her get pregnant. That is why millions of cats are put down every year. She can be spayed while pregnant, and that would be better for her, you, and every cat in a shelter.

Please let us know what the vet says about the mysterious spots!
hun its not like that... at this point i dont have cash on me... i didnt get paid yet... once i do trust me its a different story i just had to fix my car and other stuff... besides i just got back from a trip abroad which cost me alot... i didnt expect this thats all

here are some pics i took of belle... and i even marked the empty spots

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]