Funny things your cat does

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Animarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just have to add that my male cat is too smart but only when it comes to getting food. If there is food in anything he will learn how to open any container, open a fridge, etc. He will spend several days figuring it out. Then one day he will have it figured out and have access the food. Then I will have to come up with another way to keep him out, rinse and repeat. It is both funny and frustrating. I do feel oddly proud of him how he can figure out how to open pretty much everythng.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daisy stretches out on her back lying on top of me when I’m lying on my back … then rolls too far over and falls off.

She’s also a kitchen supurrvisor, keeping an eye on things from on top of the toaster.

Phoebe is a dedicated tail chaser.

View attachment 440012
I love your toaster tyrant! Rule that kitchen with an iron paw!

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Louise knows how to distract me from my desktop. She knows I don't like her to scratch the recliner fabric. So when she wants something she will give 3 real fast scratches and knows I will turn around to her.
Also when she was getting sick one time I would hear her at the !itter box and ask " u ok sweety?"
Now she knows that if she taps the outside of the litter box repeatedly it will get my attention...even when she has no need to use the box!

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neko-chan has a thing for shredding tissues and paper towels. One time I ate an orange and put the peel in a paper towel and crumpled it up and went back to my book. Neko-chan came up and went to grab the paper towel, then sniffed it pulled her head back and gave me a look of disgust.
We tell people who don;t have cats about their personalities and they think we're nuts. BUT other cat owners understand perfectly!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stretch, too, covers his face with a paw when sleeping. He also yips like a dog when he wants attention, and when I call him, the first thing he does before coming is, naturally, stretch. He doesn't arch his back, however; rather, he genuflects
IMG_2206_kindlephoto-1407917109.jpg

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kira knocks my music off the stand when I'm playing the piano. I gave up using the metronome - she would watch it for a while then pounce on the pendulum.

The other thing she does is we also keep pet snakes. She'll go up to one of the vivs and pat the side with her paw and meow. The snake, a Brazilian Rainbow Boa will come out of her humid hide and the two just sit there looking at each other. It's as if they're having a telepathic conversation. Kira will jump down after 10 minutes or so and Cher will go back into her hide.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Daisy wants her Special Drink (aka her twice-daily dose of Osmolax) she hops up on the kitchen bench while I’m preparing it and drinks it from the mixing spoon. She only wants it when she’s had dry food; when she’s had wet food it’s “Nah, not interested” and I have to give it by syringe.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When Daisy wants her Special Drink (aka her twice-daily dose of Osmolax) she hops up on the kitchen bench while I’m preparing it and drinks it from the mixing spoon. She only wants it when she’s had dry food; when she’s had wet food it’s “Nah, not interested” and I have to give it by syringe.
My Grandma's cat was on a long term low dose of liquid antibiotics, and she grew to actually like the taste. Grandma would call the cat and she'd come running. She had a walker that had wheels and a seat on it (Grandma, not the cat!) and the cat would hop up on that seat and take the antibiotics out of the syringe like a baby bird. It was so cute.
Today, the girls bolted when my Mom brought her little Papillon over to play with Livie, but Goof stayed in the room and did his best to politely ignore the two tiny dogs wrestling right on top of him. At one point he gave them a swat and they yipped, then he came over and sank his claws into my leg begging for a spoonful of baked beans.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Grandma's cat was on a long term low dose of liquid antibiotics, and she grew to actually like the taste. Grandma would call the cat and she'd come running. She had a walker that had wheels and a seat on it (Grandma, not the cat!) and the cat would hop up on that seat and take the antibiotics out of the syringe like a baby bird. It was so cute.
Today, the girls bolted when my Mom brought her little Papillon over to play with Livie, but Goof stayed in the room and did his best to politely ignore the two tiny dogs wrestling right on top of him. At one point he gave them a swat and they yipped, then he came over and sank his claws into my leg begging for a spoonful of baked beans.
What a charming way of begging! :lol: