Funny things your cat does

Animarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What are some funny things your cat/cats do?

My black and white male cat has some silly things he does.

He will see a cup that is mostly empty except a little bit on the bottom. He will stick his face in it and get it stuck on his head. Then proceed to walk backwards.

Also when I wear ear plugs to bed he sees them and thinks that he needs to help me take it out. He proceeds to try to stick his face in my ear to try to pull it out.😂

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He says "Hey, turn out the lights!" :lol:

If I have any type of drink that involves a straw, Lila will hop into my lap acting all sweet, then slowly turn and face the straw and sit. Her eyes squint so hard they're almost closed, and she tilts her head to one side, contemplating how to get that straw. Then her head does a 180 and is tilted to the other side. She will slowwwwly lift a front paw to reach in for a quick steal, and I'll sharply say "Lila" and she sucks her leg back under her and starts the whole process over.
When she was a kitten, she found a straw I'd dropped and would carry it around like it was a cigar, sticking out of her mouth. She'd tap the little end on the floor and chase it, with the straw in her mouth, for hours. I created a straw monster!

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't even know where to begin, they do so many funny things.

Mine also cover their eyes when they sleep. They try to sneak that paw in, every so slowly to try and steal my potato chips. Lulu has this thing about stealing items from the bathroom counter and running away with them. She also likes to stick her head in my face when I'm brushing my teeth. I gave her a spare toothbrush to play with. Ash brings me toys every morning and asks me to play with him. He gets right up on my chest and paws my face and physically hugs me. He will stop pawing when I talk to him, but if I stop talking to him, he will paw my mouth until I do. Too funny.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daisy stretches out on her back lying on top of me when I’m lying on my back … then rolls too far over and falls off.

She’s also a kitchen supurrvisor, keeping an eye on things from on top of the toaster.

Phoebe is a dedicated tail chaser.

View attachment 440012
What more could you ask for? :lol:

Phoebe reminds me of my old girl Kokanee. Gone but certainly not forgotten! She had a terrible tumor on her leg but was a champ right to the end. RIP Kokanee. 026 2.jpg 2333 2.jpg

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful girl, and what an awful tumour!
Was she a Russian Blue?
No, she was a run of the mill gray domestic short hair. The saddest part was that she had absolutely nothing else wrong with her. We treated that tumor for over two years until it just grew too big. She was 17 years old, and the vet said she was too old to handle surgery or amputation. Finally, it grew down into her foot and they told me it was time to let her go. She was a real trooper.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, she was a run of the mill gray domestic short hair. The saddest part was that she had absolutely nothing else wrong with her. We treated that tumor for over two years until it just grew too big. She was 17 years old, and the vet said she was too old to handle surgery or amputation. Finally, it grew down into her foot and they told me it was time to let her go. She was a real trooper.
Poor darling!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Daisy stretches out on her back lying on top of me when I’m lying on my back … then rolls too far over and falls off.

She’s also a kitchen supurrvisor, keeping an eye on things from on top of the toaster.

Phoebe is a dedicated tail chaser.

View attachment 440012
I love that tail chasing video!! I never realized that she has a orange spot on top of her head before, I can see it fine in your signature but it really popped out at me in that video :)

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know. It was tough. It bothered her so much that she used to chew on her foot and try to pull out her nails. After a while, Gabapentin just wasn't enough. I can't remember the other drug that she was on. Oh well. 😥
That tumor is very big alright. Poor little thing :(
Tags cancer was moving from plaque stage (flat patches of oozing sores covered in gooey black stuff) to tumor stage. He developed a large tumor on his shoulder that seeped blood 24/7. Accepting defeat when we fight so hard for them is so, so hard (especially if you're stubborn like I am.) I am so sorry for your loss.
To keep this on topic, Lila will sleep with her paw over her face sometimes, and she almost always makes these high pitched, quiet little peep/sigh noises when she shifts position. I love it.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that tail chasing video!! I never realized that she has a orange spot on top of her head before, I can see it fine in your signature but it really popped out at me in that video :)
Yes! People often don’t see it, and her other orange markings are much more scattered, so it’s not always apparent that she’s a dilute tortie.

Best thing is, the spot is heart-shaped!

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That tumor is very big alright. Poor little thing :(
Tags cancer was moving from plaque stage (flat patches of oozing sores covered in gooey black stuff) to tumor stage. He developed a large tumor on his shoulder that seeped blood 24/7. Accepting defeat when we fight so hard for them is so, so hard (especially if you're stubborn like I am.) I am so sorry for your loss.
To keep this on topic, Lila will sleep with her paw over her face sometimes, and she almost always makes these high pitched, quiet little peep/sigh noises when she shifts position. I love it.
I'm so very sorry, that's horrible. We do what we can. So hard to let them go.

That's adorable! I just noticed in the last little while since Ash's surgery, that he makes cute little snoring sounds when he sleeps on me at night.