Funny How Things Work Out For The Best Sometimes

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
16 months ago I saw a little fella "Dexter" in the local paper who was up for adoption at a somewhat local shelter, and he looked like Simon a tuxedo and Sebastian a long hair Chantilly put together, and I thought how cool that would be to have him as a tribute to the two boys who had passed and also to give him a good home; but they wouldn't allow me to get him, when I called them I told them we had 8 cats already so they knew up front and they thought that was too many, and what about money if something happens etc., so I knew I wasn't going to get him and let it go, but before she hung up she did say "what you and your wife are doing is a good thing, perhaps one will come along who needs help more than him", and it was true, because I Googled "long haired tuxedo cats" and did get my boy Sylvester who was in a pretty bad situation and is doing great now, and he looks like a 50/50 blend of the two boys put together. But yesterday I got to thinking "I wonder what Dexter looks like now?" as they do put updated pictures on their website but had none of him even though he was adopted, so I called there and the woman said that she has seen him and he looked like the picture just bigger and chubbier, and I asked "does he have a black plume of a tail?" and she said "no", well Sebastian did and Sylvester does, so had I gotten Dexter instead he doesn't look all that much like Sebastian if he doesn't have the plume tail plus I also never would have gotten Sylvester and rescued him from a bad situation!

It's funny how things work out for the best sometimes!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They really do. Great example.

My example, we never wanted three cats. Rocket was dropped on us one day and almost was rehomed but I changed my mind and kept her on my way to the new home. Rocket really is the missing piece between our other two cats personalities.

We didn't even realize that there was a mismatch between playful energetic Link and relaxed Nightfury. It wasn't serious they were more roommates then brothers but they coexisted. Rocket? She is the glue that binds them. She plays with slink. She cuddles with Fury. Link protects her and runs to her defense (literally) and Fury dotes on her and brings her gifts. She turns them from roommates into one fluffy family.

We really couldn't picture our home without Rocket, the cat we never wanted.

Last edited: