Funny Cat Thing

Richard2121

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is Daniel, he was found under my SUV on a cold winter night in Wisconsin about 2.5 months ago. He was a 7 week old kitten in essentially perfect health who had been abandoned by his previous owner after they had adopted him from a local shelter. Luckily I found him and he now lives with 3 other cat brothers! Ever since then we have gotten to know Daniel and his silly personality. He is still developing and growing so his personality keeps coming out in different ways. The most hilarious, in my opinion, is his desire to knead. I know kneading in itself is not uncommon for cats and kittens to do! Daniel does things a little differently. At first he would knead sweater-like material clothing if my girlfriend or I were wearing that. He would also knead blankets. But a week after we got him he started crawling into bed and kneading AND suckling our fuzzy blanket we have on the bed. We figured its fuzzy like cat fur and warm from us laying under it so maybe he thinks its his momma? But now, 2 months later he still has not grown out of his daily routine of crawling into bed in the morning and kneading/sucking the same blanket. He no longer does this on any other surface or material! The strangest thing about this is he does not do this without one of us in the room laying with him. If we are out in the living room he will occasionally cry for us in the bedroom and wait for one of us to come to him. At first I thought he was crying for attention, then I thought he was crying to get into the bathroom because we keep the door closed. Then I realized that he is crying because he knows one of us will come in there to check on him and then he wants us to crawl into bed with him so he can knead and suck! Just yesterday he did this for almost 2 hours straight while I was laying in bed on my phone and just relaxing with him! I am sure you can imagine how soggy the blanket gets!!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Daniel is lovely and looks really naughty. Some cats never grow out of kneading and sucking, one of mine is nearly 4 and still does it daily, as you said, soggy blankets.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, Daniel is a beautiful little boy! My friend's cat is 10 and still sucks and kneads on the blanket she had when she was first adopted at 8 weeks. Some cats never grow out of more "kitten" behaviours - my two are one and a half and still knead regularly.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a DARLING sweetheart, and just look at that mischievous little face!! I'm so glad you found him!!
LOL, I just realized I've been pronouncing mischievous wrong most of my life :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Richard2121

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a DARLING sweetheart, and just look at that mischievous little face!! I'm so glad you found him!!
LOL, I just realized I've been pronouncing mischievous wrong most of my life :lol:
He makes that face ALL the time (after doing something very naughty) and it drives me crazy! :crackup:

But I love him to death and would not trade him for anything. His brothers love him too, he really brightens up the whole bunch. We said our limit was 3 cats but finding him was the best thing that has ever happened! We just could not return him to the shelter after what he had been through and I mean....LOOK AT THAT FACE :)