Funny Black Cat Stories

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought of this because Halloween is coming up. Do you have a funny or interesting story about a black cat?

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a sweet story.

Charlie was born feral, and for the first year or so I believed he had no bond with me, although I loved him from the minute I first held him. That, coupled with his behavior issues, had me seriously contemplating whether or not to give him up. My heart was breaking over this.

Then I went on vacation for a week, and Charlie had to be boarded. The first night I had him back, I found him curled up on my spot in the bed, which was unusual. I moved him and got in, and he promptly came right back and snuggled up against me.

He had missed me.

Soon after this, I was away for just a weekend. Again, on my first night back, Charlie wanted to cuddle.

I made my final decision when I lay down for a nap and Charlie immediately inserted himself in the crook of my arm. I actually began to cry. A two-way bond was there after all-it just took him a while to show me.

Charlie is still here, mellowing with age and cuddling more and more. I can't believe I ever thought to give him up.
charliecute.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a sweet story.

Charlie was born feral, and for the first year or so I believed he had no bond with me, although I loved him from the minute I first held him. That, coupled with his behavior issues, had me seriously contemplating whether or not to give him up. My heart was breaking over this.

Then I went on vacation for a week, and Charlie had to be boarded. The first night I had him back, I found him curled up on my spot in the bed, which was unusual. I moved him and got in, and he promptly came right back and snuggled up against me.

He had missed me.

Soon after this, I was away for just a weekend. Again, on my first night back, Charlie wanted to cuddle.

I made my final decision when I lay down for a nap and Charlie immediately inserted himself in the crook of my arm. I actually began to cry. A two-way bond was there after all-it just took him a while to show me.

Charlie is still here, mellowing with age and cuddling more and more. I can't believe I ever thought to give him up.View attachment 303027
Awwwww, your story is so sweet!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Queen Bee is a jet black little cat that looks like a tiny panther. She was born a barn kitten, raised as one until she was about one year old. She had no fear of vehicles, large animals, and I knew she'd get trampled or ran over so she became a house cat. For about 5 years, she lived under our roof living her own life while we lived ours.
One day, I sat down to read. She hopped up beside me, realized I was there and froze. I ignored her. She eventually relaxed, settled down and watched me. I kept reading. She started to purr. When she was totally relaxed, I put down my book, gently reached out and picked her up and cradled her. She looked alarmed, but didn't fuss too bad. I sat there with her in my arms, and she blinked. I said, "We need to hang out more". She relaxed, purred, and the little paws started kneading my arm. Today, she's 11, is always under my feet, and is very vocal and interactive with us. Taking time and being patient with them counts, as Katie M Katie M story with Charlie shows.
Her brother, another black cat, came with her to live with us the same time she did. People have told us what a handsome cat he is, and he is. He's big, but not overweight. His coat is thick and shiny, and he's got big gold eyes with little tufts of hair on his ear tips. He has three loves in life: Food, being pet, and construction. Try to do a project around here and he's always in your path.
One night, we were watching a scary movie. Just at the moment the jump scare happened, he dove into my lap. I have scars on my legs from the claws that sank into them when I developed the scars on my lungs from yelling so loud :lol: Scared the crap out of me.

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Queen Bee is a jet black little cat that looks like a tiny panther. She was born a barn kitten, raised as one until she was about one year old. She had no fear of vehicles, large animals, and I knew she'd get trampled or ran over so she became a house cat. For about 5 years, she lived under our roof living her own life while we lived ours.
One day, I sat down to read. She hopped up beside me, realized I was there and froze. I ignored her. She eventually relaxed, settled down and watched me. I kept reading. She started to purr. When she was totally relaxed, I put down my book, gently reached out and picked her up and cradled her. She looked alarmed, but didn't fuss too bad. I sat there with her in my arms, and she blinked. I said, "We need to hang out more". She relaxed, purred, and the little paws started kneading my arm. Today, she's 11, is always under my feet, and is very vocal and interactive with us. Taking time and being patient with them counts, as Katie M Katie M story with Charlie shows.
Her brother, another black cat, came with her to live with us the same time she did. People have told us what a handsome cat he is, and he is. He's big, but not overweight. His coat is thick and shiny, and he's got big gold eyes with little tufts of hair on his ear tips. He has three loves in life: Food, being pet, and construction. Try to do a project around here and he's always in your path.
One night, we were watching a scary movie. Just at the moment the jump scare happened, he dove into my lap. I have scars on my legs from the claws that sank into them when I developed the scars on my lungs from yelling so loud :lol: Scared the crap out of me.
I liked your stories. The first was very heart warming and the second was funny.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A bit of a long story. In the 90s, a fellow worker and good friend gave me a call. His girlfriend (and later, wife) had just called him to tell him that the management of the apartment building where she lived had posted anouncements that they were going to call an exterminating company to deal with the stray cats that were living in the apt complex. The renters would adopt a cat, then abandon the pet when they moved.

He was going to rescue one and urged me to go with him and also rescue one. He told me the story of one of there carts, a black tom. One of the renters had taken to feeding him. By leaving him a saucer of milk by her door. One day, she had poured a saucer of milk for him, but in a rush to work, she forgot to set it outside for him. She left it on her kitchen counter. Her kitchen window was on the outdoor stairs. The cat, looking for his saucer, had seen it sitting on the counter. He punched a hole in the window screen and drank his milk and left.

Walking through the complex, looking for cats, I saw the window. And I was impressed - what an enterprising ca!. I found him and took him home. And named him Archly. From a series of short stories by Don Maquis(sp?), "Archy and Mehitable" . He lived another 8 or 9 years and died of old age. He was a large , long, black cat. And very affectionate.

Last edited:

christfawk

Keeps hobblin' along
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, this has nothing to do with the fact that he was a black cat but he was sure was a weirdo.

One of my first boys, Dubs, hated shoes while they were on your feet. He did not hate feet, nor did he hate shoes that were not on feet. In fact, Dubs loved to LICK my feet and eagerly sniffed my shoes when I got home! God help you however if you walked by him wearing shoes, he would run under the kitchen table and hiss and carry on while he swatted at your feet.

On a side note Dubs had no history of abuse that would cause him to fear shoes on feet, he was just a fruitcake.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got Mingo from a shelter a few days before Halloween 5 years ago. He was only 5 months old at the time, and didn't like to cuddle. The only way he would let me hold him was perched on my arm looking forward. When Halloween came, I carried him with me to answer the door and dispense candy. I had him sitting on my arm when a cute dad and two daughters arrived. I opened the door to "Trick or treat!" and said to the girls, "This is my Halloween cat." One darling looked up and said, "Is he real?"

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, this has nothing to do with the fact that he was a black cat but he was sure was a weirdo.

One of my first boys, Dubs, hated shoes while they were on your feet. He did not hate feet, nor did he hate shoes that were not on feet. In fact, Dubs loved to LICK my feet and eagerly sniffed my shoes when I got home! God help you however if you walked by him wearing shoes, he would run under the kitchen table and hiss and carry on while he swatted at your feet.

On a side note Dubs had no history of abuse that would cause him to fear shoes on feet, he was just a fruitcake.
:spew:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A bit of a long story. In the 90s, a fellow worker and good friend gave me a call. His girlfriend (and later, wife) had just called him to tell him that the management of the apartment building where she lived had posted anouncements that they were going to call an exterminating company to deal with the stray cats that were living in the apt complex. The renters would adopt a cat, then abandon the pet when they moved.

He was going to rescue one and urged me to go with him and also rescue one. He told me the story of one of there carts, a black tom. One of the renters had taken to feeding him. By leaving him a saucer of milk by her door. One day, she had poured a saucer of milk for him, but in a rush to work, she forgot to set it outside for him. She left it on her kitchen counter. Her kitchen window was on the outdoor stairs. The cat, looking for his saucer, had seen it sitting on the counter. He punched a hole in the window screen and drank his milk and left.

Walking through the complex, looking for cats, I saw the window. And I was impressed - what an enterprising ca!. I found him and took him home. And named him Archly. From a series of short stories by Don Maquis(sp?), "Archy and Mehitable" . He lived another 8 or 9 years and died of old age. He was a large , long, black cat. And very affectionate.
He was affectionate, and smart. If someone left my breakfast on the other side of a locked door, I'd go hungry :lol:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got Mingo from a shelter a few days before Halloween 5 years ago. He was only 5 months old at the time, and didn't like to cuddle. The only way he would let me hold him was perched on my arm looking forward. When Halloween came, I carried him with me to answer the door and dispense candy. I had him sitting on my arm when a cute dad and two daughters arrived. I opened the door to "Trick or treat!" and said to the girls, "This is my Halloween cat." One darling looked up and said, "Is he real?"
That's adorable :)
We have a very large, very furry yellow cat. More than one kid has called him "Simba".

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When we went to the shelter last year, a little black and white kitten jumped in my lap and settled down to purr. After some cuddling and playing, we decided to adopt him. We had to leave to get a note from our landlord and he tried to follow us out the door and gave us this look that clearly said"where are you going? I picked you as my humans! ". I wish we had had more than 3 months with him.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm surprised they let you adopt him! A lot of shelter won't adopt out black cats in the weeks leading up to Halloween as some people will get them as a prop then abandon them.