Fundraising Challenges

MeowingMoon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, this is my first post on here! I am a vet tech that used to work ER and I just recently started getting more involved in animal rescuing. I have mostly been focusing on helping cats and this past weekend I was able to assist with my first (what I consider to be) large TNR project that is getting 23 cats the veterinary care they need.

We were helped by a rescue organization that traps cats all the time. They said people do fundraisers and always get the costs covered, but it seems like we aren’t getting very many donations. The small group of us pitched in what we could and so did the caregiver, but we are only at ~$250. We have posted it on Facebook and last I checked only $75 was donated and that was by one person. The cats are at the vet clinic now and they have told us the bill is going to be over $1000 because they require more medical attention than we had originally thought they would. I’m attaching links to my post I shared and also the rescue group posts.

I would love to get some tips or suggestions from people who fundraise often to help us reach our goal. Thank you!!

To see a video of the cats: Log in or sign up to view

If you would like to sponsor a cat (or more than one), please consider one of the following options:
🔺Visit their website www.riggirescue.org and select “Donate Meow”.
🔺Go to the Facebook fundraiser page
🔺Calling in a donation of $38 per cat directly to Alterclinic at (330) 933-6266 the week of Monday 11/8/21. Please specify that it is to go towards the Rescue account. ☺

Attachments

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are some excellent crowd-funding sources you can try that will reach a larger audience than a simple Facebook page...and you can put the Facebook page link on them, as well! Google "crowdfunding for animals" and you will not only find several sites to post funding on, but you will find blogs on the most effective way to crowdfund for your specific group! Best of luck to you! I'll try to get there shortly...my funds are limited, and I'll have to see what I have available after this week.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MeowingMoon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are some excellent crowd-funding sources you can try that will reach a larger audience than a simple Facebook page...and you can put the Facebook page link on them, as well! Google "crowdfunding for animals" and you will not only find several sites to post funding on, but you will find blogs on the most effective way to crowdfund for your specific group! Best of luck to you! I'll try to get there shortly...my funds are limited, and I'll have to see what I have available after this week.
Thank you! I shared it on Nextdoor and Instagram, but I’m not sure if there have been any donations. Since it’s going to the rescue group or to the vet office there’s no way for me to keep track of it.
I have tried to start a Facebook fundraiser and a go fund me of my own for the rescue, but it gives me an error and doesn’t let me post it.

MackerelTabbyStripes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd like to help cover at least a cat or two! I can call in tomorrow in a gap between my work meetings-- does the AlterClinic have any website? I found one, but I think it's in a different town than yours since the phone # didn't match up.