Fumigating house

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Call a professional. If the ticks are that resistant to all of the commercially available insecticides that have been tried then chances are none of the others you try will work.
Thats probably what we will do. Not sure if my nieces bf will pay for it, or if they are waiting for my sister to come up with the money. :sigh:

They are outside now the entire front porch is full of ticks. I think they might be escaping the poison they put on the grass. They are heading to home depot to buy more stuff, they are trying to control it until we can call in a professional.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats probably what we will do. Not sure if my nieces bf will pay for it, or if they are waiting for my sister to come up with the money. :sigh:

They are outside now the entire front porch is full of ticks. I think they might be escaping the poison they put on the grass. They are heading to home depot to buy more stuff, they are trying to control it until we can call in a professional.
Probably a combination of that and they smell food in the house. Your Cats and the Dog may be protected, but you aren't and ticks have no qualms about feeding on people.

I'm probably going to sound like a jerk saying this, but hopefully your niece gets infested with ticks and has no choice but to get off her ass and do something about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably a combination of that and they smell food in the house. Your Cats and the Dog may be protected, but you aren't and ticks have no qualms about feeding on people.

I'm probably going to sound like a jerk saying this, but hopefully your niece gets infested with ticks and has no choice but to get off her ass and do something about it.
I just don't want the kitties or the baby affected. :sigh: i love my niece and don't wish her any ill will. But i am angry and disgusted by her. She's very self absorbed and that has never changed.

I was just reapplying revolution on my cats and didn't see ticks mentioned on the packaging. Should i be concerned?

20200921_195657.jpg 20200921_195652.jpg

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it did work on ticks, but maybe it's revolution+ that does. That would definitely be a problem if it doesn't.

Sica

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not sure if you guys had this resolved or not, but figured I'd add some to it. The time that you and any pets may have to be out of the house depends on the method the product is applied as well as which one it is. Each product comes with very specific guidelines for how they can be applied safely. Some insecticides are simply sprayed on certain surfaces, yet have low gassing. Some are fogged. Some treatments you fumigate the entire house (the tenting as mentioned before.) It could be a mix too.

So with that being said, sometimes you can remain inside and simply out of the room until the surface has dried. In other cases when it gets fogged into the air you are going to have to leave for the recommended time. It's not as simple as saying "you always have to leave" or anything like that. For instance, one of the treatments done in our house required us to leave for 4 hours because they fogged all rooms AND sprayed the baseboards, inside cabinets and whatever. We've also had treatments that were simply bait gel being put in places. It all depends. By the way my solution to the 4 hour out of the house was to sit outside in the patio area, with the two cats in two crates. My dog in my lap. Had a bottle of wine and FaceTimed my mother back in Norway. Haha.

Depending on if you are in the US and which state you are in you can do it yourself with the same professional products a pest management company would use. I am not sure if links are allowed, but the website is called Do My Own. It has guides for ALL sorts of pests (including ticks and fleas), indoors and outdoors and sells the same products a professional would use. So if you are going to keep trying to solve it yourself I would definitely look through their guides for ticks and/or fleas, as well as the products they suggest for those particular problems. The good thing about doing it yourself is that you will have complete control over WHAT is applied and WHERE. All of these products come with instructions for how to safely use them.

If you hire a pest management company make sure they have some type of guarantee. Ours had a 60 day guarantee for roaches without a maintenance plan. Personally, we have a "maintenance plan" with our pest management company where they frequently come and spray the exterior to prevent pests from entering. Should anything enter they treat that problem at no additional cost (as long as it's not like bed bugs and some other exclusions.) For me that gives us peace of mind knowing we're always "protected" and it also makes it less likely for them to have to come and spray indoors. They also have bait boxes set up outside our home for rats/mice as that's a big issue here. We also supplement some of it ourselves mainly because of the "control" I mentioned earlier, and because I can't stand insects.

This ended up very long... hopefully something in there could be useful for you. I'm sorry the post is messy my mind is all over the place, all the time. If you want me to clarify anything, or to give more information please let me know. I hope you get rid of these pests soon. I know how mentally stressful it can be.