Fuel prices in your area

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
get my oil changed and it always seems to work out to about twice a year, until this last year. Until it alerted me about a month ago, I hadn't had it changed since June 2020.
I got my oil changed this past Monday and it had been well over a year since the last change. I also needed new windshield wipers and I went ahead and paid the inflated price for them at the oil change place. They are the really good kind that will be nice if we have a sloppy winter with a lot of the heavy wet snow and slush.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Average today is about $1.53/L (Canada) which would be about $5.79/gallon in US dollars or 1.06/L EUR (I don't know how to get the Euros or pound symbol on my computer)
............Did I do my math right????:crazy:
To the today's rate, $1.53/liter (Canada), is $4.65/gallon (USA), €1.06/liter (Europe), and £0.91/liter (UK) ;)

€ - the symbol was copy/pasted from Antonio65 Antonio65 post...
Is that the symbol for pounds or Euros that we're using for this thread.....aaaannnnd second dumb question.....is there a difference between the two?
Sorry Jem Jem , I had read your post but forgot to reply for some reason. Apologies.

this is the symbol for Euro, the currency used in most of the EU (European Union) countries since 2002. The EU includes 27 countries, but only 19 of them use Euro as their currency, the rest of them use their own usual old currency. We can travel across those 19 countries and use the same currency. Euro has no plural, 1 euro, 2 euro.
£ this is the symbol for British Pound, the currency used in the UK. The two currencies aren't the same thing, there's a variable exchange rate between them, today the rate is 1.17, that means that £1 buys €1.17. The UK isn't part of the EU anymore since the Brexit, but they weren't using Euro even before that.

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is still around $3.35 a gallon here. It seems to have stayed at that point for a while which is down from the high point this time around of $3.69 a gallon.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I’m in England, UK
I filled my car yesterday & petrol/gasoline was £1.43 per litre & diesel was £1.47 per litre. So, if I’ve done my conversions right it should work out to the following -

Petrol/gasoline

UK - £1.43 per litre = £5.41 per gallon

Euro - €1.66 per litre = €6.83 per gallon

US - $1.91 per litre = $7.22 per gallon

Diesel

UK - £1.47 per litre = £5.56 per gallon

Euro - €1.71 per litre = €6.47 per gallon

US - $1.96 per litre = $7.41 per gallon

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My local cheapie station is still selling gasoline for $3.03 a gallon, despite rising prices around here. Don't know how they do it, but it's an independent station. Maybe they're able to get it for a "such a deal" price on the spot market.

If these price increases keep up, I don't think they'll be able to keep selling at that price for much longer.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somewhere between $3.00 and $3.15 I think. I didn't pay much attention the last time I filled up. Since I no longer drive to work each day, or much of anywhere else since the pandemic I only fill maybe once every 2 weeks or so.

I'm more concerned about the grocery prices skyrocketing.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes that is worrying. This reminds me of the 70's when prices seemed to go up weekly. High energy prices are at least part of that as well.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not know what it is today, but two days ago it was $3.18. I need to fill up my tank. Thankfully, I have $0.35 off per gallon on my grocery store card!

I was just "discussing" this with my neighbor. I love her to death and we are friends, but she has no idea how gas prices are determined. I put the quotation marks around the word because it was more of a comment from her and a lecture from me with diagrams and sources. Yep, I am that person.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Filled up at the cheapie station again. Still $3.03. The other stations around here have dropped their prices a few cents a gallon.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I paid $3.44 p/gal today. The other day it was up to $3.59-$3.65 p/gal.