Fuel prices in your area

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Commodities of all types are priced based on speculation about future supplies. That is why there was a jump in price when Keystone was canceled.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just saw a video of a trucker who had just filled up his semi, $1,050. Semi's have two fuel tanks and each tank holds 120 to 150 gallons so that is a lot of fuel. They also only average 6.5 miles to the gallon. Diesel here is $5 a gallon.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I paid $4.84 on Monday for premium. Yesterday, it was $4.94.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw a video of a trucker who had just filled up his semi, $1,050. Semi's have two fuel tanks and each tank holds 120 to 150 gallons so that is a lot of fuel. They also only average 6.5 miles to the gallon. Diesel here is $5 a gallon.
Diesel here is 6.26 as of yesterday

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Diesel here is same price as the gas, in the region of $9.70 to $9.80
Consider yourself lucky.
If you keep in mind that our salaries might be lower than in the US, or at least this is what we believe here 😄

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where I used to work, we would go through roughly 3,000 gallons of diesel fuel per week just for the cranes and yard vehicles, plus another 2- 300 gallons for the bobcats. This was off-road fuel, which was dyed red because it was untaxed, and so couldn't legally be used on the highways. We had a separate 10,000 gallon tank for road fuel. I hate to think what their monthly fuel bill is now.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gas has declined a bit and has stabilized locally at about $3.99 a gallon in my immediate area. Farther away, it's about $4.15 a gallon. I still don't know why it's always cheaper right around me--might be because my area isn't all that prosperous.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where I used to work, we would go through roughly 3,000 gallons of diesel fuel per week just for the cranes and yard vehicles, plus another 2- 300 gallons for the bobcats. This was off-road fuel, which was dyed red because it was untaxed, and so couldn't legally be used on the highways. We had a separate 10,000 gallon tank for road fuel. I hate to think what their monthly fuel bill is now.
I grew up on a farm. At that time which was many years ago we could get tax free fuel for farm equipment.

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
I paid .. here in NY $ 4.49 a gallon this week. it was $ 4.19 last week. . I get the " cheapest " gas .. it is costing me over $ 50.00 a week to fill up , and I dont drive that far. just work, local errands ! I try to combine my errands to minimize running. I DO warm my car up , though. I know it uses gas, but we got a huge snowstorm yesterday, and I had to work ..so , it helps me clean off the snow ! Since most people got to stay home ( Saturday) I didn't (nurse) I splurged on that LOL..

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up on a farm. At that time which was many years ago we could get tax free fuel for farm equipment.
Here in NY, at least, you still can, which is why it has the red dye in it. Just don't get caught using it on the highways unless it is on a vehicle with an ag plate. The fine will more than wipe out any savings; and yes, they do take fuel samples at road checks that the state DOT sets up at random spots.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're now between $1,94.9 (L) and $1,96.6 (L) depending on the stations around my area. The prices went down by an average of a whole 2 cents, woohoo!!!! (read second sentence dripping with sarcasm) :rolleyes3:

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bear in mind that this is only the latest in what will be episode after episode going forward of fuel prices spiking, then falling, till one day there’s no petroleum left.

Petroleum is a non renewable resource, and when it’s gone it’s gone. Even Crown Prince Evil of Saudi Arabia knows that, and is taking steps to deal with it.

From what I can see, electric cars and trucks are a long way off from taking gas powered vehicles’ place.

If ways can’t be found to use truly renewable energy sources, individual transport as we know it, for all its problems, will not be sustainable.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went shopping out of State yesterday . Found the gas cheaper which I was abit surprised . Paid $3.99 for 87 octane in Minnesota . Normally around home its $3.99 . and $3.89 for 87 octane in Wisconsin .

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here in NY, at least, you still can, which is why it has the red dye in it. Just don't get caught using it on the highways unless it is on a vehicle with an ag plate. The fine will more than wipe out any savings; and yes, they do take fuel samples at road checks that the state DOT sets up at random spots.
That same monitoring of ag fuel usage Goes on here as well. The State DOT people drive light Blue cars and trucks.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
**** Just a note that this thread is not for political comments regarding the gas prices. Those belong in the In My Opinion forum. ***

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went by the station where I normally gas up, and it was still $4.39 for 87 octane. That almost feels like a win, after the most recent spike.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was $3.99 a gallon at the local Citgo station. Fortunately, they charge the same for credit card or cash purchases, because their systems were being worked on and only credit card purchases could be made.

Heard on the radio that oil prices are going down and are expected to get to $95.00/BBL. Might mean some gas price relief if it stays down.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought we'd hit $6 a gallon soon, but maybe that won't happen.

Diesel was $6.26 last Friday at a cheap station.