Fuel prices in your area

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went out for a "coffee run" this morning. The cheapie station is now selling gas at $2.93 a gallon. There are three stations on that corner, a Sunoco station and a Mobil station. I didn't catch the price at the Mobil station, but the Sunoco beat the cheapie gas. They're having a bit of a gas war, and Sunoco is $2.89! WooHoo! Most local stations have cut their prices too, but they'll start going up for the holiday in a couple weeks.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When I got gas earlier in the week I paid $3.44 p/gal but they've already gone up to $3.69 now and some stations are $3.89.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't know what's driving it, but prices continue to go down around here. The cheapie station had lowered their prices this morning to $2.83 a gallon. Too bad my car only has a 15-gallon tank.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw regular for $2.92 a gallon this morning, I don't know how much premium is. It has been a while since it was below $3 a gallon.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gas went way down for Christmas ($2.83 a gallon at the cheapie store near me/$2.89 elsewhere), but went up a bit for New Year's. I got some yesterday for $2.99 at the local Marathon station.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When I lived in the city I always took public transportation since our city has a great metra system. Fortunately I did not have a long drive to work but I know some people car pool to help save on gas prices.

t c c

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I lived in the city I always took public transportation since our city has a great metra system. Fortunately I did not have a long drive to work but I know some people car pool to help save on gas prices.
That's not viable alternatives for people in big cities, where they will be violently assaulted on public transportation. And where people have to work 12 hour days to pay taxes, and have to run their personal errands, doctor appointments, child issues, checking on elderly residents, etc. on their lunch/dinner breaks, because there is no time before and after work, so they need their personal car to do those things.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That's not viable alternatives for people in big cities
Actually Chicago is a big city. Yes, the crime rate has risen but I still go into the city although not for work anymore and I still take public transit. When I lived and worked in the city full-time I did personal errands on my days off.

Back to the subject of gas prices, $3.34 p/gal today.

t c c

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Actually Chicago is a big city. Yes, the crime rate has risen but I still go into the city although not for work anymore and I still take public transit. When I lived and worked in the city full-time I did personal errands on my days off.

Back to the subject of gas prices, $3.34 p/gal today.
That's great to hear about Chicago! Unfortunately, L.A. is not as blessed as that. The treatment of women, children, and the elderly here is despicable . And that would be so helpful to be able to do the personal errands only on those rare days off. And $3.34 for gas is awesome! Wow. $5.15/gal is horrific for the working class. I hope L.A. takes a page out of your Chicago play book.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two months later, our prices are pretty much the same as in my first post

Gasoline/Petrol is 1.70 €/l (7.30 US$/gal) - (£6.43/UKgal)
Diesel is 1.60 €/l (6.87 US$/gal) - (£6.05/UKgal)

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here, gas has gone back up to about where it was in the fall here, as well. This morning I got gas at $2.97 per gallon. I think the cheapie station is a bit lower, but I haven't been by that intersection for several days.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fuel prices (and not only them) are rising every day and it seems they have reached levels never seen before.
And it also seems it's a worldwide disaster.

What's the fuel prices in the area where you live?
In order that everyone can understand, we will convert units, liters to gallons and vice versa, and your local currency to Euro and US$.
One liter is 0.264 gallons(US), one gallon(US) is 3.785 liters.
Here you find the Currency converter

Here where I'm based
Gasoline/Petrol is 1.75 €/l (7.65 US$/gal)
Diesel is 1.59 €/l (6.02 US$/gal)

Let us know the prices in your area.
I guess I shouldn't complain about fuel prices when I see that Italians are paying $7.65 per gallon. Currently I'm paying about $3.94 for 91 octane, Premium Fuel.