Frustration or Fun? Toy opinion: 3-tier pingpong ball track

NekoHK

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've heard that cats can get frustrated with toys if they don't get the satisfaction of catching the prey (like chasing after a laser pointer). Is the tower of tracks toy similar in that they can never get the pingpong balls out of the track? I just got one for my kitten Biscuits and she's obsessed with it. Not sure if it's a good thing or just frustrating her though? Hard to tell! Curious to hear your thoughts..

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a tiered one but I do have this Frisco Scratch & Roll Scratcher Cat Toy with Catnip - Chewy.com They go back and forth with playing with it. I don't think it's out of frustration of never getting the ball. More because there are other things to play with around as well. Sometimes they will play with it for weeks on end and other times it sits unplayed with for a week or two.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 of those tower of tracks toys in different rooms and all 4 of my Cats play with them, some a lot and some occasionally, but they don't seem to be getting tired of it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have a single level one, similar to klunick klunick , and Ruby will bat at the ball from time to time, and make it spin around the track. I don't think she would be frustrated by not catching it, though, as she doesn't catch the regular balls she bats around the house either.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
For my cats, the fun of the Frisco toy seems to be that they get the ball going faster and faster and louder and louder.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NekoHK

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Sounds like this toy is a winner!

flybear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I occasionally take toys away ... we have several ball tracks and my cats love them but kind of tire of them after a while ... I take them away and hide them and when I bring them back out ... brand new toy and everyone is happy

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never had a cat that maintained any interest in track ball type toys. Once they figure out the ball isn’t coming out they are done with it. But give them a bunch of balls, ping pong or otherwise and they will play with the until every one is lost behind a piece of furniture. Pull them out and their game is back on.