Frustrated With Post Office

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i recently ordered shampoos for my show cats and according to the post office they were delivered Thursday and left at my front door. No shampoos at any of my 3 doors! I don’t really think anyone took the package - I think they left it at the wrong address. I am in contact with the company I purchased from trying to resolve this. All I know is I had better not be out the $85+ that the shampoos and shipping cost!

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
File a missing mail customer complaint, they are supposed to be scanning at delivery point only and they can track it down to the actual address, that should force a better response, or at least CYA for the vendor to replace.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feel for you. I have had quite a few packages misdelivered. All by USPS. Fortunately, the people who got them have always given them back to the USPS to be redelivered. USPS does Sunday delivery of Amazon items. One Sunday I received SIX packages along with my own that were meant for addresses not even close to mine. DD opened the door, saw all of them, looked at me and said, "What the he!! did you buy?" It honestly seemed like the carrier took all the Sunday deliveries and just dumped them on my front steps so I could deliver them or something. If I'm going to do that, I want the pay and the benefits to go with it. :rolleyes3:

Once we looked the packages over, I was quite annoyed. The next day, DD flagged down our carrier ( I was at work) and gave him the misdelivered items. He was shocked to say the least and told her, "this was NOT me". She assured him that we knew this as Sunday deliveries are never made by him. All of our misdeliveries seem to happen when there is a substitute on the route.

I would contact the credit card company, Paypal or whatever payment method you used to let them know. If the seller won't do anything, they should stand behind you if you show them that the scan indicates that the package was delivered only to your street but not to you directly. Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, my neighbor brought it over when they got home from a trip- it was on his porch. Meanwhile, the company I bought it from said they would reship. I told them not to since I got the first. They said they cancelled the reshipment but it showed up. I took to the post office yesterday to send it back.