Frozen Stuffing?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think some of you have frozen stuffing or know somebody who does. I've never done it before, but I have a container of crock pot stuffing in the freezer now from back in December. It needs to be used and I thought I'd get it out for Sunday to go with our turkey breast. It has several kinds of breads, eggs, seasonings, broth, chopped apples, and sauteed sausage and onion.

Do you cook it frozen or thawed? I'm assuming it's baked in the oven? What temp? How long? Approximate time? Will it get a bit crunchy in the oven or will it turn to mush?

Thanks, guys!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Was the stuffing fully cooked before it was frozen? If it was, you can just thaw in the fridge and reheat in the oven. 375 F for 20 minutes or so should do it. It may need a stir or a turn of the pan halfway through. Broil at the end if you want the top crunchy.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I think some of you have frozen stuffing or know somebody who does. I've never done it before, but I have a container of crock pot stuffing in the freezer now from back in December. It needs to be used and I thought I'd get it out for Sunday to go with our turkey breast. It has several kinds of breads, eggs, seasonings, broth, chopped apples, and sauteed sausage and onion.

Do you cook it frozen or thawed? I'm assuming it's baked in the oven? What temp? How long? Approximate time? Will it get a bit crunchy in the oven or will it turn to mush?

Thanks, guys!
Stuffing sounds so good.

I'm thinking pizza but I have a Marie Calender's frozen turkey dinner with mashed taties and stuffing, so not sure.
I had stuffed peppers for lunch, Stouffer's. On Tuesday night Nicole sent down barbecued boneless chicken thighs
and corn chowder, amazing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Thank you! 375 F for 20 minutes it is. I'll get it out of the freezer tomorrow morning and let it thaw a bit in the fridge before putting it into a greased casserole dish. It was completed cooked before, so a quick heat-up should be enough. I do have some turkey broth that I can use if it starts to dry out. And I'm making gravy with the turkey broth, too.

Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Thank you so much! The stuffing came out beautifully! It wasn't completely thawed, so I threw it into the microwave for a couple minutes, spooned it into a casserole dish, then into the oven at 375F for about 20 minutes. It was perfect. And now I know that I can freeze stuffing and it will come out fine. Thank you!