Frontline plus for mites & lice??

jenniekim

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! My family recently rescued two female cats from a hoarder. Both are 2 years old turkish anggora. We already took them to the vet, and found out that both of them are have mites & lice (? actually I don’t know if lice’s the right english term of that but it’s the tiny white specks on their fur that’s hard to comb out).

The vet suggested to treat it with revolution, but it’s sold out everywhere (I asked zoetis and they said it’ll be available around Nov-Dec). Bravecto is out of my current budget, Advantage and advocate are also hard to find, so the next best option recommended is frontline plus.

However, I’m a little skeptical. Does anyone have an experience with frontline plus? Is it effective? And how long do I need to separate the cats to avoid them grooming each other (and god forbid, accidentally licking the liquid)? Any tips on treating cats with mites & lice?

Thank you in advance for the answers!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
As far as I know, Frontline Plus does not kill mites. Revolution and Advantage Multi kill mites, but not lice. I believe Bravecto doesn't work on either.

I personally felt that Frontline Plus was not as effective as Advantage II when I tried it - but I think that is more likely due to living in FL and the horrendous flea population down here.