frontline plus fake or

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
5 years ago i bought 5-pack of frontline plus but forgot take a picture, today i decided to buy more. so i just go to shopee and found one, and this is buyer review picture for cat. do this look real or ?
at my petstore only revolution left and when i read, it required 2kg+ cat, but my cat only about 1kg

1664072460558.png

1664073126043.png
1664073242564.png

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
H hongducwb it's a little difficult to know what is what.
Is the first picture the review and the others are yours? I wouldn't be basing your concerns on a review picture, and the packaging on the last two pictures look ok to me.
I'm a little concerned about your kitten's size though. Is s/he definitely over one kilo as you don't use these treatments when they're under that.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Where are you located? The packaging looks different than the one I just bought a couple of months ago, but I am sure that can vary by regional areas across the world. My US based Frontline Plus package specifically states on the front of the box that it is for cats over 8 weeks old and 1.5 lbs, that is less than 1kg. The active Ingredients look to be the same as my box: fipronil 9.8%, (S)-methoprene 11.8%.

Btw, as far as I know, there really isn't any of these types of flea treatments that are recommended for kittens under 8 weeks old.

Bottom line, if you have a gut feeling something is not right - then go with that feeling.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Where are you located? The packaging looks different than the one I just bought a couple of months ago, but I am sure that can vary by regional areas across the world. My US based Frontline Plus package specifically states on the front of the box that it is for cats over 8 weeks old and 1.5 lbs, that is less than 1kg. The active Ingredients look to be the same as my box: fipronil 9.8%, (S)-methoprene 11.8%.

Btw, as far as I know, there really isn't any of these types of flea treatments that are recommended for kittens under 8 weeks old.

Bottom line, if you have a gut feeling something is not right - then go with that feeling.
i lived in Vietnam, my new kitten is like 2-3months old and my country have manufacturing Fronil, which 7-10 times cheaper but i still choose frontline plus cuz 5 of my cats 4years ago have completely fleas/earmites-free with only one-time use until now (indoor cats)

old house have many fleas (killed all after awhile with chemistry) after i moved 5cats to new house then use frontline plus, i swear after use it, fleas,earmites,... just vaporize, i can't find any fleas on ground,floor,etc..

H hongducwb it's a little difficult to know what is what.
Is the first picture the review and the others are yours? I wouldn't be basing your concerns on a review picture, and the packaging on the last two pictures look ok to me.
I'm a little concerned about your kitten's size though. Is s/he definitely over one kilo as you don't use these treatments when they're under that.
all review by customer, not mine
and yes i must check weight before use it,
revolution is 2kg+ but mine only about 900g at that time so i dont buy it.
frontline plus, i check is 1kg+, and now my kitten weight 1kg+

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1665036330649.png

bought, now i need to check :D

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it doesnt smell good to me when i tried to smell it:) kitten trying to lick it but it's on back-side so he can't
dry very quick but i dont know if kitten skin can absorb the leftover of fluid on fur

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
From what I know none of the topical flea treatments smell 'good' - but not in a rancid way, more like a chemical smell. Separating the hair to make a part, which for me is hard to do, is the only way to get most on the skin and not as much in the hair. It will eventually dry but will take longer when in the fur because it is not being absorbed into the skin, which helps the drying process. Also, may be less effective if not all of it got onto the skin directly.

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so the best is shaved the area before treaments

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
No, no need to do that and it's inadvisable as you could very easily damage your cat.
Just separate the hair so that there is a straight line and run the treatment along that line.
I'm wearing gloves to be super cautious but you can not wear them and just be sure to wash your hands well afterwards.
flea treatment.jpg

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so not 100% fluid absorbed, some of it stay on top of fur after they moving,jumping,etc..
anyway after applied it into my new kitten, his inner eat seems less black/brown and dry,

i dont know if his skin is going better or not after this, checking many spot, have so many black spot, i use pocket microscope and see it just black/brown dot (not moving of course), it's just like dirt, can easily cleaning with water. some of my friend tell me that's normal for male kitten because their hormone trigger skin oil, and day by day, oil stick with dust/dirt, it will become that

less dandruff when i check, still not giving him a bath after bring him to home yet, maybe next week for my 6cats , before 2nd shot vaccine