Fromm pet food opinions?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to give this a try he really loves the cuts/gravy but has a hard time eating the food because he likes to lick it up only not sure if its a texture thing?
I bought whole hearted chicken recipe in gravey. The chicken is finely minced. I had to use a spoon. My cats loved it. There wasn't a way to separate the portions like pate. I was surprised it has a lot of finely minced meat in it. It's at petco

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lomofirefly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I may try that.....can probably pick up a few cans when I go out of town this week. He isn't a fan of Fromm's sadly :( he wouldn't touch the wet and isn't a fan of the dry either. I am currently mixing in just a small amount with his old dry and he's been picking out his old and leaving the Fromm's behind. I'm thinking that he knows its healthy :lol: at least he still eats his friskies not the greatest but its a wet food that he will eat until I can locate something a bit healthier for him. I actually took a chance and purchased some solid gold indigo moon because he did love the solid gold indoor but at 8% fiber it was way to much for him. The indigo moon has a normal amount that he is used to and I've read on the boards that its almost like kitty crack.

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've used Fromm and thought it was good food. However, Ailish isn't partial to it, I have no idea why, as she's not picky. If I had to guess I might say that it is too bland for her. She likes food that smells bad, the badder the batter. She'll eat Fromm happily if I mix Weruva Mideast Feast, her favorite food in the whole world, in it.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sure that Fromm has samples if you contact them. I know if you go to Hollywood feed they do have the dry samples. Delilah liked the Fromm dry. Most of their wets were pate which she won't touch with a 10 foot pole. They had a new line of cans but it was expensive.

John Perram

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have a tractor supply by you? They have a new line called untamed and me rerun is eating this like it was a porter house steak.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/c...rBy:&pageView:&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

She loves the liver one.

Feeding your cat 4health Untamed Wild Grass Recipe with Liver in Savory Juices Wet Cat Food is like having your cat hunt for their dinner. Give your pet the same nutrients they would receive out in the wild. 4health's Untamed is a meat-first formula, packed with real exotic proteins your cat instinctually craves.

Ingredients:
Poultry (source of vitamin B12), water sufficient for processing, chicken liver (source of vitamin A), calcium carbonate, powdered cellulose, locust bean gum, carrageenan, sodium tripolyphosphate, canola oil, vitamin E supplement, salt, magnesium carbonate, ascorbic acid, taurine, zinc sulfate, xanthan gum, thiamine hydrochloride, pyridoxine hydrochloride, manganese sulfate, copper amino acid chelate, folic acid, calcium iodate, biotin, vitamin D3 supplement.

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein (Min.) 10.0%, Crude Fat (Min.) 3.5%, Crude Fiber (Max.) 1.5%, Moisture (Max.) 81.5%, Vitamin A (Min.) 10.000 IU/kg, Vitamin B12 (Min.) 0.005 mg/kg. Calorie Content (calculated): 700 kcal ME/kg; 70 kcal/bowl

Nutrition Statement:
4health Untamed with Liver in Savory Juices for Cats is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance.

• Made with chicken liver; no added grain; no artificial flavors or colors; no added preservatives