From Feral To Lap Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh Cooper just ran her off. My heart is breaking in two. This is not working. She's going to die :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart just shattered into a million little pieces. A flock of bluejays just viciously attacked the cats. The cats are in terrible shape. I failed Pepper's test. I know that for a fact. The cats looked to me to protect them and this most horrible situation occurred. For the record, this is the first time in 10 years we had bluejays in the yard. :(

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart just shattered into a million little pieces. A flock of bluejays just viciously attacked the cats. The cats are in terrible shape. I failed Pepper's test. I know that for a fact. The cats looked to me to protect them and this most horrible situation occurred. For the record, this is the first time in 10 years we had bluejays in the yard. :(
You said the cats are in terrible shape...are they hurt badly

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It sounds as though BlueJays are nesting there.. they'll be protecting their young. We can't blame them for that. Maggies here do the same.

You seem to have had so many creatures attacking your cats, and so many traumas! Maybe they were greedy humans destroying the environment in a past life and it's pay-back time. :angel: (kidding... it sounds like they have awful experiences)

smartcat009

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes there are 2 Noobs (long story I'll explain when my Chromebook cooperates). Last night I noticed that Noobs 1 came to eat (not the one I "domesticated") while I was sitting right there. Shaman and Treasure were relaxing/napping in front of the garage in plain sight of Noobs 1. For the first time ever, Treasure did not chase him off the property. I wonder if it's because Treasure is content now that he'll get fed no matter how many other cats drop by to eat. And again today he let Noobs eat with no chase.
I'm desperately trying to get an answer to the pumpkin question and no one answers. Does the pumpkin from a can (like pictured above) need to be cooked before giving a 1/4 teaspoon to a full teaspoon to the cats or is it fine as it is. They are suffering right now and I need to use this asap. Thanks.
I'm desperately trying to get an answer to the pumpkin question and no one answers. Does the pumpkin from a can (like pictured above) need to be cooked before giving a 1/4 teaspoon to a full teaspoon to the cats or is it fine as it is. They are suffering right now and I need to use this asap. Thanks.
What is the pumpkin used for? Maybe I came late and have not read earlier posts. Interested to know about cooked pumpkin. Thank You. VP

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
The canned pumpkin doesn't need to be cooked but you may want to heat it up a bit.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone: I know I've been missing for 2 weeks again but here is the situation and I also just updated my RIP thread.

Hey everyone: I have an update here.
So I got a call from the vet 2 weeks ago, who told me about Sopdet and Treasure's demise in October. As I was not allowed to see the bodies at the time as both were beyond recognition I thought it was really them as the vet had cared for the two before when the fights between Treasure, Shaman and Sopdet began a few months earlier with blood work. So I never questioned and if they were mangled I probably would not have been able to tell if I did see them. On this call he told me a mistake was made and someone brought in two cats that fit the description of both Treasure and Sopdet early January. Both cats seemed to be ok but a bit malnourished. So he ran tests as well as blood tests and they matched to Treasure and Sopdet. Why couldn't that have been done to the cats that were "abused" and "killed, mangled" by a car? The vet ran more tests and kept them under observation. I finally went in to see them last week and Treasure was truly alive. He came to me right away. Sopdet as well. So after a few hours of interacting with them, Mom was getting her hair done, they brought them home. They both knew their way around. My emotions are mixed on this situation. I'm delighted that they are healthy now and alive, but a bit upset that I was led to believe these two have died, embarrassed myself by posting a RIP post on a forum I love to go to and will now have to retract all of those statements and possibly shunned by the members as a result. I feel bad for the 2 cats that really were hurt and killed. Sopdet, btw really was abused as there were visible signs of such but not to the point of the poor cat that died. Again I feel relieved these two are alive and back home but embarrassed. The vet is not charging me for any of this for his "mistake" if that's what you want to call it. So with great hesitation and very deep embarrassment I post this now. Thank you all for your support at the time we thought these two were gone. Oh and btw, two new cats joined the colony but more on that later if you all will let me stay.

Just now Treasure and Cooper ate side by side. Maybe there will be peace at last? Or too much to ask for? Shaman is scared of Treasure but she's scared of everything lol Hopefully she'll recognize him once the "smell" wears off of him.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't want to say anything until it was totally confirmed it was them, but watching them (and of course Sopdet is easy to tell it's her with her markings and ice color eyes) I can tell it's them. I'm sure there will be squabbles from time to time like with humans though. I really hope though no other cats move in because if my Mom sees these 7 sometimes 8 (as I found out a very kind neighbor 4 houses up from me took Ambrose in and adopted him) she would literally have a cow to add to the mix. I saw Ambrose come out of someone's home last week and he came down to visit. He was partially tamed when he disappeared but now he's fully tame.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
BTW: Here's a video taken the other night. It's 4 to 5 minutes long as it catches all the action but this was when I was gone getting Captain D's. Yes I"m off crutches now and walking with a cane but I can drive again. Anyway while Treasure and Sopdet were running around in the backyard seems that Shaman was in front with Spirit and Gypsy. I feed on the side of the house too (for now). The gray cat that comes down the driveway is Spirit. Spirit is the one that has been keenly interested in Cooper, especially when he was asleep. Spirit also seems interested in Sopdet so it's not a hormonal thing. The other black cat that is eating is Gypsy while Shaman goes to the street probably looking for me to come back. She knows me and Mom's car. This is the best video I can get of them as they usually appear only in the middle of the night. This was unusual for them to be here this light.

View media item 423300

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot one other thing. The one thing that I've been hoping for before Treasure's accident (his paw seems healed ok by now) was for Sopdet to trust me, at least a little. She now lets me pet her (at least one time) while she eats. No other time though. She does like to sniff my hand and will lick off the "cat spoon" as I call it as it's the one long handled ice tea spoon I picked up at Steak N Shake last year for the purpose of getting the cats to lick off the spoon one by one. Sadly I rolled a ball to Sopdet yesterday like I do Shaman and poor girl thought I was throwing things at her and ran. But she was back this morning as usual.

Also Sopdet loves all the toys that I got for Cooper (who is too lazy to play with). Obviously a little pomeranian from up the street does too as I saw it go into the tent yesterday to play with the toys in the yard. lol

The Pomeranian shares the human family with Ambrose btw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.