From Feral To Lap Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can you save the order, and place it again as soon as the weather clears a little bit. They should be ok through this, I think.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I can but it's not going to stop sleeting til around Noon on Saturday. It's already been over 24 hours since Shaman was able to eat. She is type that would rather starve then be near Cooper because that happened between them once before :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
She's going to die if something isn't done. I'm really crying here. She can't go from Wednesday morning to Sunday afternoon without eating. If I leave the food out for her one of the other cats, a dog, possum, raccoon or the birds will get it before she does, or the sleet could freeze the food making it difficult for her to eat. I'm really at wits end with this situation. It was so much easier when all the cats were friends but now this? If she even sees Cooper in the area she will not come down here. Shadow is an on again off again type switch. I'm going to probably lose her too now as a result of this tragedy. Considering she's now so dependent upon me. :( I'm in tears and heart is breaking

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I can just place the bowl of cat food in the carrier, cover the carrier with something and hope Shaman gets the food and I don't go outside tomorrow having to rescue Harrison again. I don't know if raccoons go out when it snows or not as I really haven't paid a lot of attention to that since I noticed this bunch gets along with the cats as long as there is food for all.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakthrough:

I moved the shelter to the side of the house where Mom won't see. Had a thing of water and the pet carrier (hoping that Harrison does NOT get inside as I don't feel like rescuing him again). And put some food there. While I was setting it up best I could on crutches, Shaman got completely inside the shelter and stayed inside while I was there, just peeking out every so often. She got out as soon as I left though. I can't sit and babysit her so I'm going to have to hope she remembers how dry it was inside vs out of the shelter. She's a smart cat so she probably will. Thankfully it's not cold in spite of the show/sleet.

Just now I went outside to take the garbage out and give fresh water. And what did I see? Cooper, Shadow and Shaman all eating together. WTH? I think I'm being played.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now Cooper and Shadow are playing tag in the yard. Shaman is hiding, I guess in the shelter. And the groundhog is out? Watching the cats play tag lol

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if Shaman ate last night or if Shadow ate her food. I do know that none of the raccoons ate it because even though I saw raccoon tracks in the snow by Shaman's area, the water bowl was clean. Shaman is off somewhere this morning, not sure where she is again. I think this weather is doing her in.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I really have no idea if she's eating or not. Crazy lady screams if I even step foot outside and the weather will ruin my cam (not the cold but the sleet). On dry days I can set the cam up and watch for when she shows up but again as usual the birds may steal the food. There is NO way 3 cats go through $30 of food a week. I don't care how big of appetites they have. Something is getting to it. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
The birds here have ate the canned food too. These birds would eat shoe leather if I put it out. I sat here and literally watched them on cam as they descended and finished off the wet food the other day. And I saw no cat come to finish it. In the span of 5 minutes the birds finished off the wet food set out.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yaay, Shaman ate 2 cans of wet food. Shadow and Cooper took off 3 hours ago and no idea where they went. The know the signal though for time for bed so I think they run off to play before they come back to sleep. Funny though: the possums and raccoons come running as well and they all eat together lol

Oh wow, I am loving my new Wyze Pan Cam. I may bring the regular Wyze cams inside and leave this and the original cat cam outside.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom is screaming about the wyze cam. It's not even using her precious electric so I don't know why I always have to deal with this nonsense. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman is next door and won't come to eat til I'm out there with her. And of course Mom tragedy as always. I'm just glad Shaman ate 2 cans of food yesterday but I really can not deal with this any longer. I just can't. Something has to give and I am not going to give up the cats either so I don't know what to do. I've struggled for a year with these tragedies and nothing ever changes :(

Status
Not open for further replies.