From Feral To Lap Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't stay out for long due to the cold temps and they only had a hand full of kibble with a tablespoon of the mackerel. I hope that's enough for now. They don't eat again for another couple of hours when I'm locking up before bed. At least they got to eat something though

Which is good because pretty soon I suspect Cooper will be hunting bird for his meals as he's so food motivated.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh geeze: Why are the raccoons out 3 hours before sunset. Harrison just got stuck in the pet carrier and I had to go rescue him. I think the animals in my yard have to be challenged in some way

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess he wants to be a cat too and doesn't realize he's a raccoon. Maybe he sees how good the cats have it? Not that I would pet him as he is wild but he doesn't seem threatening either like I was scared of the 6 raccoons that approached me.

How on earth would a full grown male raccoon think he can fit into a pet carrier. I know he was following the scent of the food I was trying to keep safe from the birds but really?

Cooper and Shadow would let Shaman sleep in the tents but they'd want to play too much. On average those two are out of the tents 25 times each exploring, chasing each other, playing or whatever. Shaman would never get any peace. I think that may be one reason why she sleep 2 houses up so she can have a bit of peace and quiet. She's not a playful cat and that's ok, I know some cats aren't. She's lovable and that's what counts. I looked at her when I just fed her right now and she isn't starving. She's got that winter belly fat on her.

But I guess it's time that I started teaching her to stand up for her food instead of letting anything run her off. Shadow does. Sopdet did. The hiss and swat worked well with them and relationships between the cats were not ruined. And I was advised to stop standing over her babysitting her food as it sounds more like she's got me trained. I don't know. I just feel bad dumping the food in the bowl and leaving.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she understands in her own way as she seems to just go with the flow on these things. She even snuck back after dark for more food but then I went to change the water which freezes in like an hour on them but thought I'd give them water til then. They actually have been licking the ice though but that makes me feel bad too. Hopefully one day all this will change and I can bring them inside because Mom changes her mind or I move and take them with me.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
So Shaman is missing this morning. I hope she returns soon because Shadow is eating all the food. Not to mention last night I heard some gunshots, then a cat yowling, and looking at cam Cooper and Shadow ran in direction of the gun and yowling like in a panic. But crazy lady here wouldn't let me go out and check. I'm so worried and crying over this.

And an observation: the birds are put off by the smell of mackerel. So don't tell me I'll have to smear mackerel all around when I feed the cats.

I really should have thought this through before undertaking this with the cats. Now my heart is too attached to them to let go. I'll lose them all I'm afraid. :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman was waiting for Shadow to eat although the two of them are friends again. For some reason Shaman will not eat though unless I"m outside with her which of course is impossible with my health and because Cooper stalks me everywhere I go.

Not sure about the gunfire though. Odd I heard the gunfire, cat yowling right after and Cooper with Shadow went running off in that direction like a cat was in distress. However, these cams probably are picking up sounds from several blocks away (Wyze cams are very sensitive to sounds as I sometimes pick up muffled conversations 7 houses up) Oh and Ambrose stopped by to visit yesterday so maybe that was him the other night. He looks very well fed so someone obviously took him in and he just stopped by to say hello.

Right now Cooper is shooting dirty looks at the cam and breakfast is only 2 minutes late. I woke up late and want my coffee first as well as get the hand warmer warm enough

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman is going to die if I can't get her to eat by herself. Either way she may because I may not be alive to feed any of them if I have to stand outside and babysit. My heart is breaking in two over this very tragic feeding situation :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to do. She simply will not eat unless I'm with her. And I'm too sick to be out there in the cold. My heart is breaking in two :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Snow is moving into the area in 2 hours, although it won't be much. I have doctor appointment tomorrow as I'm doing a clinical trial (I get $500) so hopefully not too bad. Plus I have to get more food because the stupid birds ate all the other food. :( I think I"ll set the food on the side of the house again for Shaman tonight but I can bet it won't be long before the raccoons and possums locate that food source. Since it is going to snow I can't even put a cam there tonight to keep watch :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman is missing again. She only ate 2 bites in close to 24 hours because of the birds and Cooper. I'm going to lose her now. My heart is breaking in two. We are having heavy sleet and snow and low on food too because of the stupid birds. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Just placed an order with Instacart. I'm really hoping that this time they deliver to me. And I had to wind up making a huge tip because of weather conditions. Otherwise the cats will have to be eating hard boiled eggs. I have the money, just not able to get out.

And there is no way for me to know if Shaman eats today because the sleet will ruin the cam. I'm crying from a broken heart over this most tragic situation :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman came and ate 2 bites and then Cooper ran her off. She's going to die on me if this most horrible tragedy is not resolved :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart just shattered into a million pieces. I'm on crutches Mom can't and won't help and it's snowing and sleeting. Cats won't be able to eat now to Sunday as a result of this tragedy. I don't know what to do. I doubt instacart is going to deliver now because of this. I failed once again. These cats looked to me to feed and protect them and this happens :(

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart just shattered into a million pieces. I'm on crutches Mom can't and won't help and it's snowing and sleeting. Cats won't be able to eat now to Sunday as a result of this tragedy. I don't know what to do. I doubt instacart is going to deliver now because of this. I failed once again. These cats looked to me to feed and protect them and this happens :(
Im hope they deliver

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Instacart just canceled and said Tough luck. And now no way to get out of the house. This is just tragic. No raw meat because Mo HAS to get the flavored stuff, she throws fits if I open cans of tuna, And she just used the last egg. Cats are going to die now as a result of this as I can't get in car on crutches in snow and go to the store. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.