Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought that too about Treasure and Sopdet :(

Remember how he cried last night. Maybe he thought he was no longer wanted here and left.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Either way the way be's been attacking all people and animals but me that's not a good thing to wander or he could attempt to attack the wrong person. And why Shadow as well? She and Cooper aren't best of friends, in fact none of the cats like her. Cooper just tolerates her and Shaman tolerates 2 houses up.

More tragedy. Mom alert for 2 hours. I had to hide all their stuff. Shaman is wailing thinking I am evicting her now. This isn't working out for me, sadly :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Cooper and Shadow reappeared (not together) or so I don't think but they are both outside now. Shaman is cautiously waiting next door for me to come outside.

I bought a roll of that Freshpet chicken and beef. Shaman didn't eat much of it yesterday but then Mom and I were gone and she snuck some kibble. I threw away the package though and was wandering if anyone knew what an 1/4/ lb measures out to in cups? Or grams as I have an old weight watchers scale that can convert to to grams but ironically not lbs. I'd ask in the nutrition forum but I hate having so many different threads going all over the place

I can't believe I threw the package away and didn't cut accordingly. Ugh I'm crying over this situation. I am horrible horrible horrible at math and so these conversion websites are useless to me :(

Shaman had 2.25 oz of the Freshpet. I really don't want her to die from underfeeding her.

Hoping for an answer soon before it spoils. Thanks.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Do these cats ever stop whining? I mean I can't sit outside 24/7. I have to earn money, eat and sleep sometime. Especially if they want to eat. Mom is getting upset about the constant whining. These cats know the routine, gosh 18 months with 2 of them and 8 months with Cooper.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
To catch up and for anyone else who might be reading this;
1/2 or 8 Tablespoons is equal to 1/4 lb of Freshpet, and for a cat weighing 5 to 10 pounds, serve 1/4 - 3/8 lbs per day.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Two Questions: Getting snow today. And I have tried and tried to get these cats to lay in the straw but they all have an aversion to it. What is wrong with these cats and what am I doing wrong? I have the self warming pads (not electric) out there. Are those ok? It's hard to gauge using my wet hands on them to see. And how do I get the cats to use the shelters with the straw? I have no idea how much snow we're getting though. Nothing tells us and Alexa is stupid. What a tragedy. I'm crying over this.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
As far as I know, the selfwarming pads are good.
If you haven't already, would treats inside the shelters, repeatedly, (on a plate so the straw doesn't attract ridents) help them to overcome their reluctance?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I have tried but that never worked. Even food driven Cooper avoids the treats if put in the shelter. Only ones that go inside the shleter are the possums. haha So the self warming pads won't freeze to them like blankets? Just making sure as snow is moving i within the next 2 hours.

This is the one I got

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
From the Q&A on Amazon, people are using these outside, but I see that the manufacturer says, although they're ok to use outside to use them "in a protected area". So to answer your question about whether the material of the pad will freeze to a cat if either are wet, I don't know.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So, completely removing the straw they don't like, and leaving a shelter with no straw to see if they'll use it, and/or trying straw from a completely different source isn't working?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea the tents are right under a roof (the cat area I have uploaded photos on). The have to walk over the bricks and all to get there but no way will Mom let me scatter straw on the bricks or I'll be sleeping in one of the tents. Removing the straw from the shelters still did not work. The cats are terrified of them, even when camouflaged. And sadly I can't build anything because of cracked rib, broke toe, broke leg, frozen shoulder and severe nerve damage in my left hand. Some days I'm doing good to even open a can of cat food due to the nerve damage. That's why I'm taking up knitting and all to get some strength back but I picked up these shelters from our local feral society and the cats will most definitely not use them.

Also Styrofoam will not work as Cooper eats it as I found out a couple of weeks ago when he was chewing on some that blew in the yard.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really hoping the snow bypasses us though. My legs and all aren't hurting any more than they do any other time of the year (except for injury) and my old knee injury is fine so I'm thinking we may luck out. I do hope these cats are smart enough to go to where they did last year but so far they aren't showing much signs of intelligence. haha I still love them though

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I would go outside and place straw in both tents and then place the self warming pads underneath with cut up shower curtain under the tent for extra protection but his majesty (Cooper) is sound asleep and I hate to wake him up and get him stirred up for the day torturing Shaman. Not to mention no telling if or when Mom will come downstairs. Shaman never used any of the tents so I'm confident she'll go to where she did last year if weather gets bad. Hopefully. Two weeks ago instead of Shadow and Cooper going into the tent (and they love that tent) they laid in 2 inches of snow. Go figure.

BTW: All cats ate well. I portioned out the food of wet and they each consumed 4.5 oz of 9 Lives (I know but they were getting tired of the other stuff). I like those little 4.5 oz of freshpet treats as I call them because I just wash in scalding hot water and use to make individual servings. I have supper put aside for tonight and lunch will be just a "snack" of kibble.

Status
Not open for further replies.