From Feral To Lap Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you mix it in, I don't believe you need to add anything since they will be getting their vitamins and minerals from the commercial foods. I'll double-check, but I think you're ok with this method.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I'm looking at the forums now to see which foods I can just serve raw or what is meant. I suppose that means I can just buy like giblets from the store, and cut up and mix in their food? No other preparation?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Raw feeding for cats?
this post may be helpful,

as might this thread.
Raw Food Or Wet Food ?

Most posts/threads seem to be one or the other, either all commercial canned or all raw but the entire thread in the second link above has a more general outlook, and also has a couple outside sources that may be useful (I still can't access TCS raw articles-they're doing a big upgrade :) ).

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok. I guess I was wondering though if it's ok to just buy some meat from the store, bring home cut up and serve? I'm seeing a lot of threads about steaming, grilling or whatever and to me that is not raw. Raw means like if I got a steak and opened the package, cut a piece and eat it without boiling, baking, grilling etc. I'll look at those threads. :)

I can ask in the nutrition forum about it. I'm just thinking of an alternative to make sure Shaman at least gets enough protein even if it is in a few bites a day. That is until the carrier comes.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
The pet carrier arrives today. Now only to catch the delivery before Mom sees it. I always say it's computer stuff lol I hate lying to her but I don't want to get into arguments with her either. Just hoping I can entice either Cooper or Shaman into the carrier. I'm thinking of adding the majority of her protein at breakfast time though in the event she can't sneak back during the day but I have tried the suggestion to leave some kibble out for her to sneak and eat. Just a question if she's eating it or one of the other cats (or a squirrel or groundhog). I need cams in all of these cat areas.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Wondering if these cats will ever stop whining long enough for me to actually earn money so they can eat

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman is sneaking food right now. I hate that I can't be outside with her but I know that as soon as I open that door Cooper will come running from the bushes and chase her off. It's so sad my life has to be this way :(

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman is sneaking food right now. I hate that I can't be outside with her but I know that as soon as I open that door Cooper will come running from the bushes and chase her off. It's so sad my life has to be this way :(
I know exactly what you mean. It is so hard. I deal with this same issue often. What I do is just stay back and hope the other cats stay in their houses etc and let the other cat eat.

This happens much more often than you realize. It is all about figuring out what to do to make sure the other cat will eat (which is the most important thing).

Keep up the great work!!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I do that and then come out later (weather and health permitting) to play with each one. But since they all have claimed ownership of me the minute I step out any part of my house one of them is there. lol

Now if the cats would stop whining and let me make money so they can eat I'd be happy. Otherwise I guess they don't like to eat

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't order these yet but have one I got from Dollar General. Anyway I was outside tossing the ball to Shaman and she was chasing it. We played for 30 minutes and then she grabbed the ball and with the ball in her mouth she ran to the neighbors yard and buried it in the leaves lol I guess she decided that she was going to claim something as hers.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the carrier assembled (and surprise without asking for help or turning to Uncle YouTube) and can't wait to see how it works. I'ts 8 degrees outside though so they may be curled up somewhere. They refuse to use the shelters I got for them :(

Cooper is the only one that showed up. Shaman and Shadow have yet to make an appearance. I had no choice but to close the door to the carrier and leave outside so that Shaman will get accustomed to it (if she ever returns). I'm crying as I'm worried about the cats. :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman did show up and I put the bowl inside, just right by the door and she ate some. But then she saw Cooper come and ran off. It's too cold for them to be playing this game though. But I kind of have an idea

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
So today I'm trying to leave so I can get my free White Castle lunch as well as buy cat food. Cooper sees me and parks himself right behind my car. No way I could contain him in the carrier if I'm not here to monitor or take with me) as he'd probably yowl like crazy (Mom) or local authorities (car). I spent 20 minutes trying to get him to go into the back yard. I love Cooper but he is annoying on most days lol

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch went smooth. I put Shaman's wet food inside the carrier (just by the door) and she ate the entire bowl. It equals 1/2 cup of Friskies pate and then she ate a little bit of the dry and a sip (not a lot) of water. After she finished, I did leave a few scraps of the wet she didn't finish for the others to finish up. Cooper came and of course Shaman ran off. I am leaving a bowl of dry in the locked carrier though. Just an idea I had but I want to signal to the others that this is Shaman's carrier. After they get used to that I'll repeat the cycle with Cooper and then finally with Shadow until they all have their own space to go in and eat. I'm also thinking this can come in handy for the time that they can come inside and I need to take them to vets, they won't be scared to get into the carrier. At least the first time.

And I just praised Cooper for letting Shaman eat in peace. She ate good today. Maybe she's observing how Shadow slinks in and out of the area to eat and is taking Shadow's lead. Too cold to play with her though

Status
Not open for further replies.