From Feral To Lap Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman is also the kind that eats a few bites, likes to come and rub against my leg and then goes to eat a bit more, rinse and repeat the cycle. So this has to be a barricade in the basement so that she's only in one spot for when she does this. Otherwise yea but I can't fit in a cardboard box lol

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmm, thinking out loud here, what about a home improvement store that might have a foam board that you could cut to fit?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm crying here because Cooper ran her off again wanting to play. She'll die if this doesn't get resolved :(

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Coming at this from the other direction, so to speak, can you crate/contain Cooper in some way when she's there? He'd let you, wouldn't he?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh I need to get rid of Cooper. This can't keep on. I don't have time or she will die.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Coming at this from the other direction, so to speak, can you crate/contain Cooper in some way when she's there? He'd let you, wouldn't he?
I can try and see, but the only thing I have is the tent and he's figured out how to unzip the things.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is there just one zipper tab, or two? If two, you could even put a small stick through the little hole in the tabs (if there is a hole)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
There are 6 zipper tabs, I guess. I don't sew so I wouldn't really know what one looked like to be honest

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
And sadly by the time I get one side of the tent zipped and locked (or whatever) he'd be out the other one. This really is a tragedy. But see as an example, right now he's off "hunting" because I removed the food. Shaman is next door watching. She'll come over if I come outside but the minute I do magically Cooper sees me and comes as well, chasing her off. What a mess. It's taking a toll on my health but I can't sit and watch any of them die :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
? That wouldn't contain him though, he could just push through and open

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh ok. Back to rearranging the area then. I don't know if he'd go into the playpen or not, if so that would be the fastest one to close and zip. Not sure if he'll fall for it a 2nd time though. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering, maybe if I put the bowl of food inside the shelter that the cats won't use (the entrance) and move it in just far enough to close the door so Shaman is eating from there but that's it. Of course getting her used to it is something else.

I'm wondering if I should just use the playpen just for feeding purposes. It takes 3 seconds to pop up and put back down when not in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.