From Feral To Lap Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Treasure is back. He hobbled back, was waiting for his breakfast and ate good. Drank good. He then curled up on a rug under my outdoor chair. Sopdet came and joined him for a bit and then Shaman appeared and she is with him now. I have to do the Shopping with Mom deal this morning so he has to be alone somewhat. Maybe though that's good otherwise he'd be trying to bounce around and all. I just hope he ignores Cooper (which I doubt) because next time he may not be as lucky. Shaman and Treasure are snuggling now.

1571401528547.png

I'd put out some nice music for them that may relax the two but I already ruined 2 devices in the cold. The only thing that stands up to the weather is the Wyze Cam.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Every Friday we go through Shaman hissing and attempting to attack me. I don’t understand. My heart is breaking daily 😥

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Could there be any reason why? I don’t dress differently. Scent is the same. I don’t want her stressed 😥

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Well every Friday you go shopping with your mom? It could be a mannerism you have before that, she could be picking up on stress. Even a coat or something you wear for shopping could have an affect?

Or cats are just odd sometimes. Like I said my Bf raised a cat from kitten hood but he runs for the hills when he sneezes. I can sneeze all the time and no reaction. They get triggered by different things

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. Every Friday. If we did this pattern on say a Tuesday she’s fine. I really wasn’t stressed. Just thinking of picking up more food for them.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to get rid of Cooper. I’m crying but he just tore into Treasure again. I’m a terrible caretaker 😥😥😥

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
This is what I generally deal with on a nightly basis. I'm getting to really dislike raccoons, although here it looks more like Treasure is taunting the raccoon. This was taken last week before the injury from fighting Cooper (again).

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Contrary to what is said some cats do NOT adjust to a new feeding schedule. And while I can say this is because of his injury this has been a morning thing for 3 months at 7:30 am. I don't have the entire video but he has practically destroyed our screen door whining and clawing at the door wanting food. He has always ate well and his eating hasn't changed since the injury so I trust he's still ok (although a bit of irritation in the eye but I get the same thing in mine too). Maybe someone with more experience with a cat that just doesn't get it can chime in. We can't have him destroying more of what the raccoons did not.
Oh and once again Shaman hissed and attempted to attack me. These cats will never come around I'm afraid. All this work and this tragedy occurs. :(

Last edited:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Contrary to what is said some cats do NOT adjust to a new feeding schedule. And while I can say this is because of his injury this has been a morning thing for 3 months at 7:30 am. I don't have the entire video but he has practically destroyed our screen door whining and clawing at the door wanting food. He has always ate well and his eating hasn't changed since the injury so I trust he's still ok (although a bit of irritation in the eye but I get the same thing in mine too). Maybe someone with more experience with a cat that just doesn't get it can chime in. We can't have him destroying more of what the raccoons did not.
Oh and once again Shaman hissed and attempted to attack me. These cats will never come around I'm afraid. All this work and this tragedy occurs. :(

Well we all know cats dont like change..Some adapt better than others..At the end of the day..its NOT the CATS fault or ures ...its SOMETHING that's like it is what it is...Cats cant tell TIME..but they can sense the time they have been eating...And like I said if that changes some cats adapt better than OTHERS..Cats Dont LIKE CHANGE...So its NOT the CATS fault or ures..Need to calm down n take a deep breath n say ok THIS is the way it is..so I will deal with this the best I CAN...Stop panicking...Be CALM..And in the end things work out...Stop looking at everything that happens with ure KITTIES that isnt what u wanted n a negative way...Stay positive...Imjust trying to help u from over reacting...So much..Please dont take this the wrong way..I do care about You n ure KITTIES n ure MOM...even though I dont know personally...I STILL care...So calm DOWN...Stay positive n be positive....:alright::grouphug::crossfingers::sunshine::salam:

Last edited by a moderator:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
You still don't understand though: My Mom's house, she is 96 years old. And seriously are you saying to let Treasure destroy our door? If that happens I will be in bushes with the cats and then who would feed them. Surely not my Mom. It is her property and I'm lucky she's not throwing more fits then she is already. No offense but I have stated my situation here like a thousand times. :(

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
You still don't understand though: My Mom's house, she is 96 years old. And seriously are you saying to let Treasure destroy our door? If that happens I will be in bushes with the cats and then who would feed them. Surely not my Mom. It is her property and I'm lucky she's not throwing more fits then she is already. No offense but I have stated my situation here like a thousand times. :(
I was referring to the feeding schedule..No I know no one wants any animal destroying their property...So it looks on ure cam like it could be the basement door or what???

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
The cam is the basement door. And yes still close enough that Mom would get the allergic reaction if I brought them inside. Since raccoons do indeed jump, and all I don't think there's a way to close up that area at night for the cats to stay safe in and the raccoons out. My parents lived in this basement for 5 years while building upstairs so this door here was, in 1947 the front door.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh and once again Shaman hissed and attempted to attack me. These cats will never come around I'm afraid. All this work and this tragedy occurs. :(Aww poor kitty may also just want in...And I know with ure situation thats not possible..:(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm talking with wyze to come up with their own version of Pet Chatz. I honestly think it would be easier for them if they saw me. I know realistically my MOm may not be here next year and I do so hate to go through days and hours of constant fighting but here I am legally responsible for these cats. And if I did rehome them the one of the other 10 colonies would just move in and the cycle would continue.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
The cam is the basement door. And yes still close enough that Mom would get the allergic reaction if I brought them inside. Since raccoons do indeed jump, and all I don't think there's a way to close up that area at night for the cats to stay safe in and the raccoons out. My parents lived in this basement for 5 years while building upstairs so this door here was, in 1947 the front door.
So if this is the basement door...Why no offense does it matter if it has a screen on it or NOT..its the basement door..yes I woukd want my house alk my doors to be in great condition..if I had a basement door....but being ure situation...Its the basement door...Dont really need a screen if I was in ure situation...Cause its the basement door...:rolleyes:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Because it's Mom's house and she wants the screen. I don't get it either to be honest. I just hate getting into these spats with her because no telling in her frame of mind at her age what she'll do. And no offense taken.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of people wonder why I don't just re home the cats since it stresses me out but even if I did I would wind up with another colony moving in and the cycle will continue. Please please please remember there are a total of 10 colonies in the vicinty, all coming from that hoarding situation. And what cat would want to pass up a 1/4 playground, especially if the other cats have moved on. Plus I just could never live with myself if I gained the trust of these cats and let them down by sending them off to others. Ugh no not happening. Not on my watch.

Also I get people wondering why I worry so much. Well it's different than having indoor cats for sure. Inside if they get mad at you they'll just pout in another room. Outside they wander off pouting and can get hit by a car. Inside if sick you can confine them til they get well under vet supervision but outside there's nothing to do but wait it out, especially if you have no funds. Inside if cats fight each other you separate them and re introduce them. Outside there really is nothing you can do but again let them work it out, and we see what happened to Treasure on Thursday from his fight with Cooper. Inside you do know pretty much where each one is but outside you have no idea if they succumbed to illness, got killed by raccoon or coyote, picked up and abused by a mean human (like the one I rescued Shadow from) or who knows what. And being abused by another human is the hardest to deal with (at least mercifully the others even though just as bad) are faster to an end but the thought that last night's cat screech was Sopdet and she wandered to that person's yard. So yea I worry. Circumstances are completely different than having inside cats. And so I have no idea what to do. Mom isn't going to change. With or without the cats. The cats can move on of their own will and she'll find something else to make me as stressed out as I am now over the cats. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.