Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Several updates:

Last night the cats seemed interested in hearing the sounds from the bald eagle nest cam I watch but I couldn't leave my laptop outside naturally so I bluetoothed my speaker and left that out. My mistake. The speaker was not fully charged and this speaker dings every 5 seconds until you turn it off or charge it. The alarm was set and it is not safe for humans to go outside after dark so the thing went on all night long. This morning when I glanced out the window Treasure was lying there with the same look on his face that I had the past 2 nights with a cricket that would not stop chirping. And when I opened the door to feed the cats, Treasure sure let me know about it. lol

So I also went yesterday to pick up some extra cat food as Sopdet seems to be a regular now instead of dropping in once or twice a week. I got a thing of cat treats, and gave them a treat this morning for having to endure the speaker (although unlike me they could have wandered to the other side of the yard). I brought out the laser toy and held it in such a way that Treasure doesn't look directly into the beam (I have to watch him with that). Sopdet chased the laser a moment but then stopped like she wasn't so sure if she could trust it. She then sat there 12 inches away from me and looked at me with imploring eyes. I threw another treat to her (just one) and that was enough. I'm actually quite pleased with the progress I'm making with her. And I feel confident that one more week and Sopdet will be domesticated. She runs from everyone but me.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Several updates:

Last night the cats seemed interested in hearing the sounds from the bald eagle nest cam I watch but I couldn't leave my laptop outside naturally so I bluetoothed my speaker and left that out. My mistake. The speaker was not fully charged and this speaker dings every 5 seconds until you turn it off or charge it. The alarm was set and it is not safe for humans to go outside after dark so the thing went on all night long. This morning when I glanced out the window Treasure was lying there with the same look on his face that I had the past 2 nights with a cricket that would not stop chirping. And when I opened the door to feed the cats, Treasure sure let me know about it. lol

So I also went yesterday to pick up some extra cat food as Sopdet seems to be a regular now instead of dropping in once or twice a week. I got a thing of cat treats, and gave them a treat this morning for having to endure the speaker (although unlike me they could have wandered to the other side of the yard). I brought out the laser toy and held it in such a way that Treasure doesn't look directly into the beam (I have to watch him with that). Sopdet chased the laser a moment but then stopped like she wasn't so sure if she could trust it. She then sat there 12 inches away from me and looked at me with imploring eyes. I threw another treat to her (just one) and that was enough. I'm actually quite pleased with the progress I'm making with her. And I feel confident that one more week and Sopdet will be domesticated. She runs from everyone but me.
So happy to hear u r having good luck...knock on wood...with Sopdet..
Hope with continue to have luck with all ure babies:):petcat::dizzycat::goodluck:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I put on the cam, hooked up the bluetooth speaker (this time between the window and screen so I can quickly charge if need be, and watched the cats reaction. For anyone who doesn't watch bald eagle cams, it is a rare treat and the true eagle sounds are not portrayed in movies. Anyway, one of the eagles at Dollywood (Grant) vocalizes a lot. And when he gets going they all get going. (They are all non releasable due to injury caused by humans), and when they all get going it sounds like the Apocalypse. haha Anyway Grant went going really hard and heavy and Shaman took one look at the speaker and ran. She then crept back and layed down, but cautiously. Treasure was looking for the bird to play with and Sopde looked up, yawned and went back to sleep. lol

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Cooper and Treasure are feeling well again. Fighting each other like they used to. I'm just going to have to let them work it out with each other. But they destroyed some of my Mom's planters in the process. She's not happy. I'll be outside in the bushes with them before long.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Cooper and Treasure are feeling well again. Fighting each other like they used to. I'm just going to have to let them work it out with each other. But they destroyed some of my Mom's planters in the process. She's not happy. I'll be outside in the bushes with them before long.
ImoreIm glad they are feeling better:):heartshape::clap:Sorry about ure moms planters:alright::heartshape: As far as u being in bushes with them before long ...Lets hope mom wont put daughter in the bushes:mommy:...Lol:updown:

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can always blame the raccoons? :dunno: Maybe try adding some rocks to the potted plants so they can't dig as easily, or even some screens to it. We added screens and rocks to the potted plants inside, to keep our cats out, when they were kittens they liked using it as a litter box.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
You can always blame the raccoons? :dunno: Maybe try adding some rocks to the potted plants so they can't dig as easily, or even some screens to it. We added screens and rocks to the potted plants inside, to keep our cats out, when they were kittens they liked using it as a litter box.
Yep I always have felt there is a solution to every problem...Thats me though...U just have to figure it out..:hellocomputer::):read::yeah::thumbsup::clapcat:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Today Sopdet seems scared of me for some reason. Not sure why. I'm about ready to give up. :(

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Today Sopdet seems scared of me for some reason. Not sure why. I'm about ready to give up. :(
Now...you can't give up...Thats NOT what WE do on this site..from WHAT ive learned since ive been a member...We search for a solution..n ask questions...We gonna have bad days n good days..But we NEVER give UP on our kitty or kitties..or ourselves...:alright::crossfingers::sunshine::winner::catrub::petcat::catlove:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
So dinner with Sopdet was a bit different. I got the silent meow which according to this article denotes gratitude and affection. Not sure in her case how true that is since she runs 99% of the time she sees me.

The Silent Meow

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Slowly setting back their feeding time by 15 each week til they are put onto the winter schedule (I hate DST-set it to one time and leave it). Shaman and Sopdet are adjusting. Treasure not so much. I have no idea about Cooper or Ambrose. I think they go several blocks away and eat with another colony. Anyway this morning it wasn't even time to feed them and I looked out saw Sopdet in one part of the yard, Shaman in a 2nd part and Treasure in a 3rd, all three facing the house and giving us the "evil eye". I'm being strong though and am staying to the 15 minute delay otherwise winter will come and they'll be waiting 1 1/2 from what they're used to. And while I know they will adjust even with an abrupt change, I'm a bit of a softie.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Slowly setting back their feeding time by 15 each week til they are put onto the winter schedule (I hate DST-set it to one time and leave it). Shaman and Sopdet are adjusting. Treasure not so much. I have no idea about Cooper or Ambrose. I think they go several blocks away and eat with another colony. Anyway this morning it wasn't even time to feed them and I looked out saw Sopdet in one part of the yard, Shaman in a 2nd part and Treasure in a 3rd, all three facing the house and giving us the "evil eye". I'm being strong though and am staying to the 15 minute delay otherwise winter will come and they'll be waiting 1 1/2 from what they're used to. And while I know they will adjust even with an abrupt change, I'm a bit of a softie.
I think we all are softies when it comes to our KITTIES....:lol::heartshape::petcat:

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With coyotes over here, I have learned to feed with the sunrise schedule.
I am actually feeding later as the sun is rising later, It's interesting.
I never like moving the clocks either, but now that I have experienced coyotes.
I like to feed when the sun is coming up, the time change actually helps with this.
well going into winter it does anyway, the time change will push the clock back so I can get to work on time!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
With coyotes over here, I have learned to feed with the sunrise schedule.
I am actually feeding later as the sun is rising later, It's interesting.
I never like moving the clocks either, but now that I have experienced coyotes.
I like to feed when the sun is coming up, the time change actually helps with this.
well going into winter it does anyway, the time change will push the clock back so I can get to work on time!

Well Treasure has a mental problem lol He's the only one that doesn't get a time change in feeding. The others do but not him. We don't have coyotes here but we're winding up with all other wildlife. Don't seem to bother the cats though. I'll be pushing back to 8:30 am summer time here/7:30 am winter and it's going to stay that way year round. Sadly my Mom goes by an alarm clock not the rising and setting of the sun and she suffers chronic insomnia so I never chance walking past her to shut off the alarm as they will wake her up.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought Treasure was the energizer bunny but wow, Cooper is full of energy. I can at least to a degree eat in front of Treasure but Cooper is into everything. Like a 2 year old kid that pulls out toys, plays for a minute or two and then goes and pulls out more toys. lol

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Treasure and Cooper fighting each other again. I"m at the point I'll think something is wrong if they don't fight each other. They're not fighting over food. They're fighting over me. Serious. On cam when inside doors locked, there's no fighting but the minute I step outside, they both vye for my attention and that's when the hissing, growling and fur flying begins. Just a moment ago they were right next to each other. And cat don't get jealous?

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very possible, or just putting on a show. My two don't get along, well Zoe loves Lily but Lily cant stand Zoe. They will do their "fighting" incessantly when I'm around and Lily will whine and growl at her but if I'm not here and I come home, often times I'll find them very close to each other. It's all for me I guess, and they do get jealous of each other, especially Lily.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I'm watching from my new cam with IR. 3 raccoons are here. But there's no food and it seems from past months they don't even bother the cats. The cats did take off a bit ago though but last night I heard all this snarling and growling (you know like the dog that snarls and growls when you go near his food bowl) and saw a raccoon digging around in the yard while Treasure layed 5 feet away watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.