From Feral To Lap Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes there are 2 Noobs (long story I'll explain when my Chromebook cooperates). Last night I noticed that Noobs 1 came to eat (not the one I "domesticated") while I was sitting right there. Shaman and Treasure were relaxing/napping in front of the garage in plain sight of Noobs 1. For the first time ever, Treasure did not chase him off the property. I wonder if it's because Treasure is content now that he'll get fed no matter how many other cats drop by to eat. And again today he let Noobs eat with no chase.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s great news! Sometimes I think it’s also due to familiarity: the same way people integrate their inside cats to a new cat, and over time they start smelling less like a threat and they get used to it. Gohan used to chase Olive relentlessly, and only 6 short months later he was sort of ok with her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s great news! Sometimes I think it’s also due to familiarity: the same way people integrate their inside cats to a new cat, and over time they start smelling less like a threat and they get used to it. Gohan used to chase Olive relentlessly, and only 6 short months later he was sort of ok with her.

That could be. All 3 are hiding in the bushes now. I try not to let them get "too comfortable" with the lawn mower especially since they are at the moment still outdoor cats. And with all this work going on right now I can't sit outside 24/7 with them. As you mentioned in my other posts, they always come back and I know they're familiar with the lawn mower now although Treasure is getting braver by the minute.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I'm going to keep this all in one post, I'll paste here.

Wichapi has a new name. He/she looks fitting of Egyptian and so his/her new name is Sopdet. Means Star. The name is female but I doubt he or she will care. For now I’ll refer to her as a she. She’s been here 4 times today. She is Treasure’s other friend although Shaman and Sopdet do not get along at all. Pretty much the same as Shaman gets along with Noobs 1 and Noobs 2 but Treasure generally does not. Although lately he has been letting Noobs 1 eat. I need to find out if the two of them have homes. I suspect Noobs 2 does or did as he knows the hand motion for come here from the first time I saw him. I've posted on the Next Door app and either neither has a human, the humans don't have the app or the humans just plain don't care (let her feed them and save us money type thing).

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this pumpkin ok to give the cats? Small quantity of course. Thank you.

2BB0381F-BA7F-433C-9326-D1822A08B231.jpeg
31F86A1A-7822-4E27-BA4C-1F29E7C7C42E.jpeg

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I doubt there will be leftovers for them after they get their portion as I’ll be making myself a pumpkin smoothie. lol.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman is missing. Treasure is looking for her in between bouts of crying and loss of appetite. He is showing signs of cat mourning. My heart is breaking in two. I just hope she's alive somewhere. I feel like a horrible fur momma. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
As usual I'm worried. Why would he be showing the signs of mourning? Shaman is the only cat that he was close enough to to show signs of mourning.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I spent several hours calling for her, walking around the yard. Treasure followed me and went into the bushes to look for her only to come back and meow very mournfully. I'm crying over this. If she was alive wouldn't she come back out with him since they are so close? I can't go in bushes as it's dangerous for a human in there. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really crying over this. First if anything did happen to Shaman, what can I do for Treasure. Treasure absolutely refuses to eat unless Shaman is here and vice versa. I can't let one by dying or dead and the other starve. I've never dealt with such a situation like this before and to top it off a crazy woman for a mother. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm desperately trying to get an answer to the pumpkin question and no one answers. Does the pumpkin from a can (like pictured above) need to be cooked before giving a 1/4 teaspoon to a full teaspoon to the cats or is it fine as it is. They are suffering right now and I need to use this asap. Thanks.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
I believe canned pumpkin is already cooked so no need to cook it again.

Has Shaman returned?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
She came back very early this morning extremely hungry and thirsty. But as I said if the one isn't here the other will not eat. Their love and devotion to each other is very endearing.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so this morning Shaman and Treasure were acting very spooked. So I looked around and they were hissing at a bunch of balloons. Yes balloons. Some joker in my neighborhood thought it would be funny to randomly place balloons around because of the upcoming release of IT: Part 2. Dummy couldn't even get the right color and put it by the sewers. Anyway I had to go and "kill those mean and evil balloons" before Shaman and Treasure could rest. Cats are so funny lol

BTW: these are the balloons.

Spook the cats.jpg

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to keep this thread going so I"m not making new threads. Anyway, Treasure loved the pumpkin puree. With Shaman it's a different story. I have to sneak the pumpkin to her in her food. I do want to report that even just the one teaspoon though they both seem to be doing better.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Good news! Our boy Trin had a lot of diarrhea from IBD and I was never able to have him try any pumpkin at all.

There are some canned foods that have pumpkin into them already, like N&D and Weruva, although they are a tad pricier too.

Status
Not open for further replies.