From Feral To Lap Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
She'll eat if I'm outside but then that just brings Cooper and Treasure around that runs her off anyway. She's going to have to probably just start showing up with Spirit and Gypsy I think but as mentioned above I can't be out there 2 or more hours a day in winter and I can't be placing food bowls all over the yard because Mom would see me. It's a no win situation here.

And then if I do have to come inside and leave her she takes off with her tail tucked between her legs. The situation is 100% impossible unless something gives with Mom. Just wish Mom would go to assisted living already and leave me here.

As it stands right now I'm going to have to stand outside in the cold with her while she eats and hope Mom doesn't call me. And I have to time everything for when Mom is eating, napping or having her morning coffee.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I mean I pet her and tell her I love her but with a ballistic woman inside the house I have to hurry inside in seconds. Of course Shaman doesn't understand the situation and probably thinks I hate her or something. :(

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She might be a bit confused, but on the other hand you're pretty consistent with what you do which should be of help to her.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope talking to her through the cam is reassuring to her. But then also I have to think about what if they were brought inside and I had to go to a job? I couldn't run home every two hours or I wouldn't have a job.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been having a recurring dream of a secret wing (think 1960s Dark Shadows) that was in our basement. I've had these dreams since I was a kid. Nothing changes, the rooms are all the same and layout same. But now that the cats have come into my life I dream that I sneak the cats inside to the secret wing because even though Mom knows about that wing (in the dream) she doesn't care what I do in there. Then I wake up, sadly to reality. Just had to share. But yes things would be so much easier if we were all inside. Again hoping that for now her hearing my voice from the cam is good enough til the warmer weather sets in.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
But do you think talking through the cam will help her for the time being?

The only way things would be easier inside is if Mom got into assisted living or I had the funds to get my own place. Ok well these tragedies aren't being resolved with me sitting here.

Still no Treasure. He's missed 2 meals already. I hope he's just playing around. What a terrible caretaker I am, unable to keep track of these cats. :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I really have no idea where Treasure goes to. He's missed 2 meals today. It's not going to be good weather so I'm wanting the cats to all come and eat before they hole up and can't. Rain is coming down now. Ugh this is what started the thing in October was him off getting into trouble somewhere. Sopdet is the only one hanging around (smart one actually). Shaman and Gypsy were only briefly here but since it's raining I had to bring Shaman's cam inside so I have no idea if the cats are eating the food that I place there and then darting back under the car or if the birds I see out there on the telephone wires are flying down to eat it. I know the bowl/plate in the cat area is not being touched. Sopdet is lazy today

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
This is tragic. Don't they still have to eat to stay alive, rain sleet or not? The rain just turned to sleet. :( I'm really worried he won't come back now in time before it gets bad. It's supposed to last through to Friday night :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Except Shaman. Horrible tragedy that never gets resolved. Well Treasure returned but the others are holed up somewhere, I hope. Shaman still hardly ate today unless she snuck in real fast where I didn't have the cam. To be honest I am still surprised she bothers with me with all the issues since October, but she stays around. Now Treasure is watching the birds eat his food and he's whining about it. Ugh did he forget he's a cat?

Shaman just showed up to eat. I hurried outside quickly to pet her and talk for a few minutes til I saw Treasure making his way back up to the cat area from the app on my phone so I hurried back. She's eating pretty good right now. Hopefully she'll eat good enough to last her through the next phase of our winter storm.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to chase off the birds again because Treasure keeps forgetting that he's a cat and just watches them, I can't afford to buy food for the birds too. Shadow is out front eating. I wound up putting the cam on the outside grill under the awning. If it get wet and damaged, oh well. It's a 20.00 cam so I'm not concerned. Wyze is pretty good though, it stands up to all kinds of weather.

Got my Wyze smart light bulb installed too.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Shaman has figured it out. She eats a little and then goes into hiding and comes back a bit later. That way she doesn't chance getting run off and then not able to return because they're guarding the food bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.