From Feral To Lap Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to get my tire replaced up the street and the mechanic who knows that I care for these cats told me that he saw the "strangest thing ever" the other day. He was opening up the shop for the day when 20 or more cats were across the street, and they were literally looking both ways before running across the street, like waiting for no cars to come by. I never heard of such a thing but maybe being feral this is common? I've seen my cats do that on my street but it's a residential street not an intersection. Anyone know if this is common or do we just have overly intelligent cats in St Louis?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess the one was smart that way and the others started to follow the lead. I just found it a bit uncommon as so many cats get hit by cars.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it would have been neat. Poor Shaman I had to just dump the food in her bowl and sneak back inside as Mom is downstairs. Ugh Poor Shaman just walked off with her tail between her legs like I rejected her. I hope she knows I love her and that something else is going on. :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok all wish me luck. The burglar alarm is out and so I decided no better time to get my scent to Spirit and Gypsy then to sit outside every so often tonight. It really isn't any more dangerous at night then daytime anymore these days and I'd rather take my chances against the raccoons then a human with evil intent (which so far hasn't happened). But since Spirit and Gypsy only show up at night time this is my chance as the alarm system is being replaced tomorrow.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
On this call he told me a mistake was made and someone brought in two cats that fit the description of both Treasure and Sopdet early January. Both cats seemed to be ok but a bit malnourished. So he ran tests as well as blood tests and they matched to Treasure and Sopdet.
Wow, that is really unbelievable. So you're saying that when your vet treated your cats originally he ran a blood test to determine each cats DNA? Is this something you requested? Identifying an animal's DNA that specifically is quite a complex procedure, it's not a test that a vet will have carried out as part of standard blood panel work.

And then when someone coincidentally managed to find Sopdet and Treasure together they took them to your vet, again an amazing coincidence, and he went ahead and ran DNA identification tests on these two cats? Was that at the request of the person who found them? Or does your vet run DNA tests on all the animals he treats and keep a database of their specific DNA so he can match them to any strays that may be brought in to his clinic in the future?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
So I’m trying to sneak out so Mom doesn’t know. Otherwise she’ll bicker about that. I’ll lock up the basement even though I’ll be right outside the door. I’ll monitor the indoor cam while outside in case she needs me but want Spirit and Gypsy to get used to my presence as kitten season is soon. With Mom and her stance on these cats I can’t have traps out here for cats that may have already been TNRd. She makes no sense. She doesn’t want a bunch of cats but doesn’t want anything done to fix them.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
So I’m trying to sneak out so Mom doesn’t know. Otherwise she’ll bicker about that. I’ll lock up the basement even though I’ll be right outside the door. I’ll monitor the indoor cam while outside in case she needs me but want Spirit and Gypsy to get used to my presence as kitten season is soon. With Mom and her stance on these cats I can’t have traps out here for cats that may have already been TNRd. She makes no sense. She doesn’t want a bunch of cats but doesn’t want anything done to fix them.
How is Sopdet and Treasure

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
How is Sopdet and Treasure
They are ok. Getting back to where they were before they disappeared. Treasure obviously run off by the more aggressive Cooper if you been reading his shenanigans these past months. Treasure still favors his one paw he injured in October but it’s much better thsn he was. Unlike my injured toe at same time back then that isn’t healing. Sopdet is more timid and scared then she was before their disappearance. The two most likely went to one of the other colonies that was part of the hoarding situation. Most people knew who these cats were because we keep in touchon the Next Door app as well as our local feral group and police department.

My Vet does DNA on all cats that have tipped ears as that means they have been TNRd and have specific records of where they were released.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
They are ok. Getting back to where they were before they disappeared. Treasure obviously run off by the more aggressive Cooper if you been reading his shenanigans these past months. Treasure still favors his one paw he injured in October but it’s much better thsn he was. Unlike my injured toe at same time back then that isn’t healing. Sopdet is more timid and scared then she was before their disappearance. The two most likely went to one of the other colonies that was part of the hoarding situation. Most people knew who these cats were because we keep in touchon the Next Door app as well as our local feral group and police department.

My Vet does DNA on all cats that have tipped ears as that means they have been TNRd and have specific records of where they were released.
Im so happy they are ok...And I hope you are ok..and ure mom..and the other kitties

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
y Vet does DNA on all cats that have tipped ears as that means they have been TNRd and have specific records of where they were released.
Whats tipped ears im sorry nit familiar with ferals....Well im gonna say kitties..not ferals..cause they are precious cats too

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
As of last year all cats in my area are also microchipped at no cost when taken in to be TNRd. Medical records are included on those chips as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.