Purraise
Awwwww! A cute and happy ending indeed! London Meow Adventures!😻☺

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback

"From Dubai to Suffolk via the Victoria line tunnels at Pimlico Tube station: Mr Jingles made quite the journey to get to his forever home.

Brought to the UK to live with a foster family and be rehomed, somehow he ended up at the London Underground station.

After being spotted by Tube drivers, the team at Pimlico spent about two weeks trying to rescue Mr Jingles.

The station's customer services manager, David Nobbs, said he and a small group of local residents made it their priority to get him to safety after he heard it meowing at night."

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback

"From Dubai to Suffolk via the Victoria line tunnels at Pimlico Tube station: Mr Jingles made quite the journey to get to his forever home.

Brought to the UK to live with a foster family and be rehomed, somehow he ended up at the London Underground station.

After being spotted by Tube drivers, the team at Pimlico spent about two weeks trying to rescue Mr Jingles.

The station's customer services manager, David Nobbs, said he and a small group of local residents made it their priority to get him to safety after he heard it meowing at night."
Thanks, I missed that bit. Makes me wonder where whoever brought him was during all this, and how he got into the tunnels in the first place.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I missed that bit. Makes me wonder where whoever brought him was during all this, and how he got into the tunnels in the first place.
Getting into the tunnels wouldn't be difficult, there are plenty of bits of the underground network that aren't underground (Pimlico station and all of the Victoria line is underground, but there are bits of the network in the open air between there and the nearby Sloane Square station), as well as lots of ventilation ducts (or we'd all die travelling on the thing :D ) or he could have been being transported in a pet carrier in the tube network and escaped.

The why he stayed there is easy enough, the entire network is absolutely awash with mice, you can stand on platforms and watch them running about down by the rails. Although numbers did decrease dramatically during the first year of Covid as far far fewer people were using the tube network and dropping food, which the underground mice and rats subsist on. So he'd have had plenty to eat, if he was even halfway decent at hunting.

No surprise he came out grey though, it's filthy down there by the rails.

Last edited:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting into the tunnels wouldn't be difficult, there are plenty of bits of the underground network that aren't underground (Pimlico station and all of the Victoria line is underground, but there are bits of the network in the open air between there and the nearby Sloane Square station), as well as lots of ventilation ducts (or we'd all die travelling on the thing :D ) or he could have been being transported in a pet carrier in the tube network and escaped.

The why he stayed there is easy enough, the entire network is absolutely awash with mice, you can stand on platforms and watch them running about down by the rails. Although numbers did decrease dramatically during the first year of Covid as far far fewer people were using the tube network and dropping food, which the underground mice and rats subsist on. So he'd have had plenty to eat, if he was even halfway decent at hunting.

No surprise he came out grey though, it's filthy down there by the rails.
I wasn’t thinking of how he gained access - Pimlico was my local station in ancient days when I had a holiday in London! ;) - only how he got away from whoever was supposed to be looking after him/fostering him, and why they drop out of the story.
Yeah, grey is no wonder!

NekoM

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Getting from Dubai to London is fairly straightforward, figuring out the London Underground Tube map though is near impossible!