From Cat-Hater to Care Giver

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I started a new thread because this really has nothing to do with Barb's problem. Debra Meyers just wrote as a response to some advice I posted that hubby & I are becoming "professional kitty trappers."

I wrote back:

I still find it so funny that my "cat hating" husband deserves so much of the credit! I think it's more the challenge then the actually saving of the kitties, but either way, we all benefit!
Well, as soon as I wrote that he came inside. Apparently he was just out with the ferals! (Working from home gives us so much lattitude!) He said,

"I don't know what we're going to do about the little one, Spooky. If we don't get him fattened up, I don't know if he's going to make it through the Winter."

Guess I have to revise my statement. Apparently, he really cares about them all. Or maybe it's just the challenge of not only being a successful trapper, but the challenge of being a successful caregiver. Either way, all of you on TCS, and especially this forum, desesrve great thanks both from me, hubby, and all the ferals we now care for, for helping us out so much!!

Laurie

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
laurie if there is a health food store near you, you can go get some nutri-yeast and mix about a 1/4 of a teaspoon into a can of wet food and stir it well. It will help to plump up kitty and give that much-needed layer of fat kitty will need to make it through the cold time coming. Or better yet, you can just bring kitty inside to live with you! *EG*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd bring 'em all in!
But I can only push hubby so far, so I am content with the 2 we have inside full time, the one that comes and goes, and being caregivers to the rest.

Thanks for the suggestion. We'd already planned a shopping trip for tonight! Spooky'll get his beefed-up mix starting this evening :tounge2: