Friskies Out of Stock?

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to place a Chewy order a few weeks ago for some Poultry Platter. It was listed as temporarily out of stock. So was every single other pate 24 pack! Weird, but ok. I got a multipack of some other flavors that I was just hoping they would eat.

Then I went to Kroger...no pate flavors except for one!

Has anyone else had trouble finding Friskies pates?

Rich H

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Local pet store told me today that they have a can shortage...that the cans used to package the cat foods aren’t manufactured in the US - don’t know whether it’s true or not as I’ve been unable to verify that independently.

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Local pet store told me today that they have a can shortage...that the cans used to package the cat foods aren’t manufactured in the US - don’t know whether it’s true or not as I’ve been unable to verify that independently.
This is correct. Many cat food companies are having issues with their can supply because of Covid.

CL56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried to order through Chewy Thursday too - it's my quarterly order - all gone !
Sheesh...I only have a few cans left so I sure hope the Tiny Tiger stuff I ordered pleases Louie !

SDerailed

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I went to place a Chewy order a few weeks ago for some Poultry Platter. It was listed as temporarily out of stock. So was every single other pate 24 pack! Weird, but ok. I got a multipack of some other flavors that I was just hoping they would eat.

Then I went to Kroger...no pate flavors except for one!

Has anyone else had trouble finding Friskies pates?
It's not just Friskies, Fancy Feast pate are gone too!
We've had luck feeding ours Fancy Feast flaked. The carbs are comparable if that is what is leading you to go the pate route.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
If you have/know someone with a Costco membership, they had lots in stock of the Friskies pate

Uncled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I find some weeks are better than others with Friskies pate availability, inconsistent is a better word to describe it..

CL56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since you are in FL, as am I, check out PetSmart locations near you. The ones near me had available stock of Friskies' pates.
Central Florida...you must be kind of/sort of near me.
Thank you for that !
The Tiny Tiger stuff arrived yesterday. We gave him a can for dinner and he snarfed it up - same with breakfast this morning.
We'll check out Pet Smart and Costco too.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This has been a problem in my area since November. My nearest grocer had literally 5 cans of cat food on the shelf today. My Target half an hour away was mostly stocked until last month. Entire brands have disappeared here. I placed an order tonight at Walmart for 40 cans Friskies and it immediately sent me a message that it just sold out. I am so glad mine are used to a wide rotation of foods.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed Friskies being harder to get around here recently. Generally, I buy food for them at Tractor Supply. I'll have to check Kroger's the next time I go grocery shopping.

They seem to like Paws & Claws, TSC's house brand. Smells pretty bad, but the cats like it. I might have to switch to that if the shortage continues. I had to do it once last year for the same reason. It's about the same price as Friskies, maybe a tiny bit cheaper.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been able to get Friskies and FF, but Sheba has been gone for months. I did get some from Chewy, but not in grocery stores.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to buy everything online; shelves are still pretty bare here. Some canned dog food is also really hard to get ahold of right now I've noticed. I'm guessing that's not a coincidence

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Friskies and Fancy Feast Classic pates. Yup! I got so worried, I stock up nowadays.
When the Friskies was out near everywhere, I found it at PetsMart. If you order several at once and
put it on that autoship (can always cancel after), it took off a good percent! At least 20 I think. Don't know
why cat food is getting like tp was. But always keep stocked just in case

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm having trouble finding FF Broths which my crew love as a topper. I've started just buying as much as I can find when I can find it. We have to do no poultry and no shellfish which limits options a smidgen.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having trouble finding FF Broths which my crew love as a topper. I've started just buying as much as I can find when I can find it. We have to do no poultry and no shellfish which limits options a smidgen.
Yes, I can't buy seafood because Mingo is allergic to it. It comes right back up.