😯 Friskies Discontinued ?

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ A message from Chewy.com . It appears 13oz cans may be discontinued ...? :dunno::headscratch:

We're contacting you about your Autoship & Save order "Autoship #1."
We're sorry, but one or more of your items have been discontinued and are no longer available:

Friskies Classic Pate Turkey & Giblets Dinner Canned Cat Food, 13-oz, case of 12

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah they canceled mine too. Just the Turkey and Giblets, not Mixed Grill or Poultry Platter. Maybe they're changing flavors again? The 13-oz cans used to be available in Salmon and Liver and Chicken, so they've changed it before. We'll see I guess.

Turkey and Giblets is still available on Amazon though. So maybe Chewy is just cutting back on their varieties? :confused: :dunno:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah they canceled mine too. Just the Turkey and Giblets, not Mixed Grill or Poultry Platter. Maybe they're changing flavors again? The 13-oz cans used to be available in Salmon and Liver and Chicken, so they've changed it before. We'll see I guess.

Turkey and Giblets is still available on Amazon though. So maybe Chewy is just cutting back on their varieties? :confused: :dunno:
Or Amazon just has more stock. For now. This may change soon. That's what happened to me with the Nutro Max. I had it on my subscribe and save until it ran out completely while I found something to replace it. The girls really like it. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
We only have the shredded beef and ocean whitefish in Friskies 13 oz cans where I live. The other flavors listed above are in 5.5 oz only in my area. We never did have the Salmon and Liver and Chicken here

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine dont. They only carry 1 oz packages of 9 lives. I was disappointed because iBotta had a fab offer on it a couple of months ago and checked several DT in my area to find none. Not sure if I can use DT coupons at Family Dollar as Dollar Tree bought them out

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine dont. They only carry 1 oz packages of 9 lives. I was disappointed because iBotta had a fab offer on it a couple of months ago and checked several DT in my area to find none. Not sure if I can use DT coupons at Family Dollar as Dollar Tree bought them out
You can order anything they sell by the case from their website. https://www.dollartree.com/search/go?w=friskies

Free shipping to the store.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Dollar Tree is my backup source. I'll be annoyed if I have to go to the city every week to pick it up; Chewy is so convenient. But I will if I have to.

As far as I know, the only flavors that currently come in 13-oz cans are: Turkey and Giblets, Poultry Platter, Mixed Grill, Ocean Whitefish and Tuna, Chicken Dinner with Gravy (meaty bits), Extra Gravy Turkey (chunky), Extra Gravy Chicken (chunky), and Extra Gravy Ocean Whitefish (meaty bits). The gravy ones were only recently released so they probably aren't going to discontinue them already.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(If you have time and noticed good rebates on cat food through Ibotta, feel free to post them in the Cat food deals thread --> Cat Food Deals Forum? :D Since being back in school, I haven't had as much time to check the grocery rebate apps, but that's great to know they offer deals on cat food sometimes! I'll have to check them out sometimes!)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
(If you have time and noticed good rebates on cat food through Ibotta, feel free to post them in the Cat food deals thread --> Cat Food Deals Forum? :D Since being back in school, I haven't had as much time to check the grocery rebate apps, but that's great to know they offer deals on cat food sometimes! I'll have to check them out sometimes!)
Check out slick deals as well. Sometimes you can score free cat food. In the summer I got a free 13 lb bag of Essence cat food

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you go to Purina's (makers of Friskies) web site, there are no 13 oz cans displayed at all. So, they must have discontinued them. I did see they are still available on Amazon.com - probably until they run out of their stock.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
I called Chewy yesterday and the CSR told me Friskies is discontinuing all 13oz cans. I came to this site looking for info that would prove the CSR wrong . . .
~ Yes indeed. Unfortunately 13 oz cans have been discontinued. :disappointed: ´:sigh:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that stinks. I hate opening a zillion little cans. I might have to figure out how to source enough of Walmart's brand to get by. They don't let you order it online for Ship to Store. Or find another 13-oz brand. I used to use Triumph, I wonder how it looks now.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My husband just bought several 13 oz cans at our local Meijer earlier today. It had been out of stock. I just checked Wal-Mart and while the cases aren’t available, their cans are stocked again in several stores near me. I had ordered a few extra cases from Amazon when all of this started, but I hope the Turkey and Giblets sticks around in that size. I feel for you all, because I just have my one boy but that’s mainly what he eats.
95182905-7284-4C2E-86E5-F1BA103ACB00.jpeg

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering why these cans are now very hard to find where I am. Those are the wet food I buy for my strays outside but only a handful of groceries have them, and mostly I see only Poultry Platter, not the Mixed Grill which the cats outside prefer. So now I have to look for alternatives. But my strays do not like this Snappy Tom Wet Food, and I also do not like the strong smell. It attracts a lot of flies outside.