Frightened Adopted Cat- Help...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, we did. I forgot to post on here. We had a nice day together: cuddling, brushing, playing, talking to each other.

Geoffrey got a new wand toy. He had one, a year ago, demolishing it in short time. This time, I have less room for him to run around in. He likes it, but not wild. Kind of settling down.

We have to have our daily cuddle time on top of the bed. We play as soon as I get up, before breakfast.

I try to play late afternoon, depending on how we both feel.

He loves his dry food, tolerates the wet during the day.

Geoffrey has to cuddle with me when I go to sleep. When I lie down on the sofa, Geoffrey will eventually lie down by my feet.

Not a lap cat. Probably never will be. I still cannot touch his paws; he goes crazy—-panicking. I still think something happened to him. I have to take him to the Vet Techs for nail trims. The old people in her, just love to see him, in his carrier..

When a worker or a visitor rings my doorbell or knocks on the door, Geoffrey will run under my bed. Or under the quilt.

He is tolerating the workers and the work. He stays under my quilt, hiding. I had to tell the workmen that the “lump” is a cat, so be careful. They laugh.

When I return from being out, at night, Geoffrey greets me at the door. Sometimes, he gets adventurous—-wanting to walk out the door. He did that once, getting only 2 feet away, running right back in.

He is still on Prozac. I am going to see if we can decrease or eliminate it.

G does not have any more diarrhea. It is hard stool. Sigh—-shads of Artie. I am giving him some miralax. I swear, I do not know what NORMAL cat poop looks like.

He is a really good boy. Gentle. He grooms my face.

I love my little boy. And I think he loves me, also.

View attachment 307515View attachment 307516View attachment 307517View attachment 307515View attachment 307516View attachment 307517View attachment 307518View attachment 307519View attachment 307520

Geoffrey will be needing a dental. He has two very bad upper back molars. One on each side. I can see them when he yawns. Both are grey. Poor guy. He is seeing the regular Vet next week for his yearly. He is only about 4 years old. Poor thing.

Anyway, we have been through so much, this past year. He has thrived in this new apartment. Geoffrey loves potato chips and chocolate, especially the wrappers of both.

Thanks for asking. ❤❤❤

View attachment 307516
Geoffrey's incredibly soulful and handsome, isn't he? A regular little Lion Kinglet! Very regal and such a sweet face. So happy to hear you both had a good First "Gotcha" Day and of course, as always, wishing you both all the very best!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a gorgeous boy your Geoffrey is. :lovecat2:
I'm so happy for you and for him, and that you've both settled well in your new home. :petcat: :heartshape:
Happy belated 1st Gotcha Day Geoffrey!!! :banana2::woo:
It that lovely fireplace in your apartment? I'm guessing it's the purrfect place to curl up for a cat nap. :catlove:

About the chocolate, he just plays with the wrappers right. Just want to be sure, as eating chocolate can be dangerous for cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
What a gorgeous boy your Geoffrey is. :lovecat2:
I'm so happy for you and for him, and that you've both settled well in your new home. :petcat: :heartshape:
Happy belated 1st Gotcha Day Geoffrey!!! :banana2::woo:
It that lovely fireplace in your apartment? I'm guessing it's the purrfect place to curl up for a cat nap. :catlove:

About the chocolate, he just plays with the wrappers right. Just want to be sure, as eating chocolate can be dangerous for cats.
Do not worry. I kep the wrappers in my hand. I am aware of the dangers of chocolate. Sometimes one slips out of my hand. I hear him chomping or see him so interested in something. I pull it away, immediately.

Re chips: I only give him a teeny, tiny little piece. I think he likes the salt; and, again, the wrappers/bag.. No way will he get it.

Yes, the fireplace is mine. I got it last week. Geoffrey is still getting used to it. That picture was the first night with it.