Friendly kitten visiting - what to do?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not having a chip vs having one correlating to having/finding an owner can be somewhat 50/50, I think 🤔

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cecil20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Furball and also for your links in this thread.

Well she comes here morning and evening like clockwork for her meals. I have a male cat and he is 2 and when I feed him, he doesn't wolf it down, he will have half and return to the rest as he pleases throughout the day. This stray will wolf it all down in one go which makes me think she can't be getting food elsewhere if she's so hungry.

I might be able to get her a forever home, I know a couple of people who may be interested. I will miss her but she deserves a happy life. Obviously I still haven't heard anything back from the Facebook group.

Hopefully in the week I'll be able to get her to the vet and checked out.

Thanks all 🐾

Punxpunx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well she comes here morning and evening like clockwork for her meals.
And thats exactly how i ended up owning a cat hehe. She showed up everyday at the same time and eventually started showing up at all times just wanting to hang out. Before I knew it, we were together many hours each day and I had fallen for the little kitty

Cecil20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has been to the vet and she is not chipped. Which I think all but confirms she is a stray, in the UK most people let their cats roam freely, it is not that common to keep one indoors as a housecat.

The vet said she doesn't seem to have anything wrong with her skin, probably just fleas, but her bald patch is getting worse.

And confirmed she is a girl but I could tell anyway cos she has no balls.

She was sick in the cat carrier which I guess meant she was scared. Next is to get her spayed and hopefully rehomed, if she doesn't stay here.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
her bald patch is getting worse.
I'm making no assumptions about what this is, but have you tried unflavored store bought (garden grown is unsafe for cats) chamomile tea on that? It's antifungal, and anti bacterial. Or raw coconut oil which is anti microbial. Both will ease any discomfort and are safe if she licks it.

Cecil20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm making no assumptions about what this is, but have you tried unflavored store bought (garden grown is unsafe for cats) chamomile tea on that? It's antifungal, and anti bacterial. Or raw coconut oil which is anti microbial. Both will ease any discomfort and are safe if she licks it.
No but I've got plenty of coconut oil. I use it in my beard. I will try to oil her tomorrow. I can't believe how light she is. She's like a sandwich. My cat is fully grown and the difference in weight is enormous.

platty

Hobbyist Bengal Cat Breeder
Adult Cat
Purraise
problems are that a cat usually has more than one home :) if you treat it then it'll be back!!