Friend of Ferals Award Badge - Apply Here

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I realized it's long past due I apply (no idea what took me so long LOL).

Over the years I have rescued feral kittens, stray kittens and cats, helped neighbors with carriers for stray cats (I keep an extra carrier in the house all the time and replace it when I've given one away), and directed TNR personnel to cats that were beyond my abilities.
Thanks you Furball’s Mom, congrats on your badge 😻

Theauctions1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feed a colony of feral cats in an equestrian neighborhood, sadly recently most of the feral cats have disappeared, but I care for new feral kittens now. The life of a Feral Cat Caretaker😻😿🐈⬛🐈⬛🐈⬛🐈⬛🐈⬛🐈⬛

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hello Theauctions1 Theauctions1 ,
One of the most important thing a caretaker of ferals does is make sure that as many cats as possible are TNRed. If they are continually allowed to breed, then feeding them just creates more and more unwanted cats and it becomes untenable. Are you able to do that?

Timewarpcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I live on a rural property and when ferals show up, I trap them and take them in the house and socialize them. I have socialized 6 feral kittens and 2 adults so far in my life. They get spayed and neutered, but I don't ear tip them since they become actual pets.

mocrosby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
“Hi, I am mocrosby and I am a crazy cat lady. ”

I am a caretaker for a colony of about 15 unsocialized feral cats, most of which have been TNRed. I have a few that are trap resistant and a couple that come during that night when I can't trap. During the winter, I provide them with dry food and water in a heated dish 24/7, warmed wet food in the morning and evening, and heated shelters on my covered outdoor front porch in Michigan. In the summer, I provide dry food and water 24/7. The shelters are put in storage during the summer and they pretty much own my front porch and patio furniture. In addition to the ferals I currently care for, I have also rehomed 31 socialized cats and kittens through two local shelters/rescue groups.

When I bought my house four years ago, I had no idea there was a feral cat problem in my neighborhood, nor the extent of the problem. I have a beautiful open front porch and I was so excited about spending time outside in the summer. That never happened, as my porch is now a cat sanctuary. And, I am mostly okay with that.

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
“Hi, I am mocrosby and I am a crazy cat lady. ”

Im a crazy cat Dad and rescued and rehomed 21 ferals since Oct 2021
My reward? waking up this very cold morning with 3 of them in bed ( with 2 more ready to join us) ! Who needs heating blankets?
I discovered 6 month old totally ferals can become indoor luv bugs over time. 5 of the 21 are indoors and happy and the rest became barn cats. Better go nap...did you know cats are nocturnal? I sleep in shifts now like they do. Its a trade off....better sleep or more luvin?

Last edited by a moderator:

swagman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
rehomed 21 ferals in a year? that is astounding! I SO wish I had your talent/magic. I would love my friends to come inside but it just isnt happening. I am at 6 years with these guys and they seem to like the relationship as it is. So be it. Thank you for all you do!

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey swagman
I am waking up with 3 in bed with me every morning (only when the condo temp drops to the fifties) and to think 2 were wild a little over a year ago is well crazy but true. I use no electric blanket obviously.
This Calico avatar tried to hate them but shes warming up fast. She was also feral and TUFF to train not to bite. scratch and not just be a Calico. She shared my former home with a 19 yr old Tortie and boy that was fun.
I found a foster for the two gorgeous feral bonded sisters last year and she cant let them go forever, and now travels a lot so....since I am also a failed foster too many times....
we agreed to be co parents and share custody of two luv bugs Gracie and Dharma. She had Dharma out on a leash once.

I once briefly had 10 ferals in my condo closet while a HOA guy inspected the sprinkler heads. No clue at all.. they were silent in the closet!
Gosh after all I was only 8 over the limit here whats the prob? its not like all 21.
Two of the barn cats even after proper adjustment/acclimation time etc took off never to be found. So stuff happens...Yes they were chipped vaxxed fixed etc etc
no talent no magic...just love and the time for those in peril. I did it all burning no petrol. I know smug smug:) EVs are quiet and vibrate less so cats are better transported in them. I had 7 in my Bolt all in cages, rubbermade bins, and boxes once.
So hungry they jumped into anything with tuna bait. What a night.

I had a window cracked open and Dharma girl jumped from second story uninjured on the grass but was re trapped in 30 mins at 4 am first night.
My goal is to record all 5 of mine in bed purring at the same time.
Prob not gonna happen soon. poly cat dad out...
I am now a 42 yr cat dad. A friend at 86 has 5 also and two tortoises.Hes got 3 Calicos but his are easy VS my former monster.

Last edited:

TARTARA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there, im new into this forum !

We are taking care of several stray cats in the neighborhood somewhere up to 10years now... ! Yeah, isn't that easy, but we trying... ! And also we keep her in the house when she was little baby... !