Friend Needs Advice

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a friend ( girl I studied abroad with) anyway she posted this on her fb.
“Cat people, help me out? My girl cat keeps peeing on the dog beds! We are washing them almost daily and she has absolutely no need to. Her litter box is clean, she is fed, and she is healthy. She used to do this when she was pissed off we wouldn't let her outside, but since the weather has been cold she hasn't been complaining to go out. So.... she is just doing it to do it? It really makes me mad and Marshall is ready to throw her outside permanently which I don't want cause of the road we live on.”
She also gave me permission to post here for advice but she says “ cat not sick so don’t give me any advice like go to the vet”

anyone got any ideas?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know she doesn't want the advice but ... If she hasn't seen a vet in the last three months to confirm she isn't sick, she should get a vet check. I've heard of cats having pee problems without any other sign of illness and the vet finding UTI or even ear infections. Once the underlaying problem was treated, the behavior stopped.

However, since it is only on the bed it probably is behavioral. She's likely trying to claim the dog beds. Easiest solution might be to put a cat tree above the dog beds so she has her space in the same area. She'd also be able to smell her scent in the area without her having to pee on the dogsto do it.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Echo Kieka Kieka . But, there are too many questions. How long have the cat and dog been together? Were they properly "introduced"? How do they react with each other otherwise? Do they interact at all? How is your friend you cleaning the dog bed? If it is not being thoroughly cleaned, the cat can smell that and will continue to go there to pee.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Echo Kieka Kieka . But, there are too many questions. How long have the cat and dog been together? Were they properly "introduced"? How do they react with each other otherwise? Do they interact at all? How is your friend you cleaning the dog bed? If it is not being thoroughly cleaned, the cat can smell that and will continue to go there to pee.
she mentioned she sprays it with cat spray the kibd that makes cats not want to be where sprayed AND if she still pees she washes them in washer. Think cat has known dogs awhile now

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
More information needed. Sorry. If your friend is willing to post on FB, why does she not want to post here? She probably could provide a whole lot more information. This site, as you know, is free just like FB.