Fridays question of the day.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everybody :wavey: I'm filling in for Winchester today. My question is:

What is your favourite season?

Mine is Autumn/ fall. I love the colours, the crunch of leaves under my feet and the jingly sound the leaves make as the wind blows them down concrete paths. My favourite part of autumn is that the mornings and nights get colder and that makes my cats more smoochy :rub:

Last edited:

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l just love Summer. The flowers are blooming, the sun is shining, the snow is melted...

l enjoy the heat so l'm one of those crazy people who never complains when we're melting.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love spring.  Flowers blooming, the marshes turn very bright green, warm ocean air...I just love the smells of that time!

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think early fall, as it's transitioning away from summer. It's not too hot anymore, the colours are vibrant, the air is crisp and fresh, and the weather is less extreme. It's good sweater weather, which is nice because it's easier to layer up. Unfortunately, it seems our milder seasons are getting shorter and shorter. This year it seems like we had 3 days of spring, then it went back to winter for a week, and we're waiting on spring again. Our falls are getting equally short. :c

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely fall! I love the cool down, the smell in the air, and everything winding down. Spring is WAY too busy, weeds are ridiculous, we have been in a drought so spending a LOT of time watering, trying to outsmart mother nature as to when to put the garden in, grass growing like crazy, and trying to clean out all the flower beds of their winter die down. Summer is nice, but way too hot and way too dry, maybe someday that will change, but it hasn't for the last 4 years. I always think that when people say they LOVE the heat they sure don't work out in it! The sweat pouring from your body and into your eyes, the sunburns even with sunscreen, and the feeling of not wanting to do anything because of the 100 degree weather, but have to. I think the most they do in the heat is to stroll around and drink ice tea. Lets see them hoeing or tilling for hours on end, trimming and mowing an acre, and spending 8 hours a day working outside, it's a killer! But so worth it when we look at our beautiful place.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would be spring if we could do it without the pollen. So I think is vote is for fall.

Last edited:

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 I always think that when people say they LOVE the heat they sure don't work out in it! The sweat pouring from your body and into your eyes, the sunburns even with sunscreen, and the feeling of not wanting to do anything because of the 100 degree weather, but have to. I think the most they do in the heat is to stroll around and drink ice tea. Lets see them hoeing or tilling for hours on end, trimming and mowing an acre, and spending 8 hours a day working outside, it's a killer! But so worth it when we look at our beautiful place.
lf you're referring to my post, l spent 3 years working on an organic herb farm , hoeing, weeding, planting, rototilling, etc from sun up to sun down in the heat of summer. Not strolling or sipping anything while languishing by a pool doing nothing. Vive la difference l guess 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be spring if we could do it without the pollen. So I think is vote is for fall.
True about pollen!  Although I have 2 seasons of pollen:  spring and fall.

I know people that love the heat.  A nurse I know will run in mid-day August heat, and whine that it's almost too cold to run if it's 50 F.  Blows my mind.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry Andrya, I wasn't referring to your post, but rather the people I work with! NONE of them hardly even goes out, and then tell me how wonderful it is that it's 105 degrees today! I'm sure YOU'VE had sweat pouring into your eyes!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you, I love the Fall and it means much cooler weather and I can breathe easier.  The air is so fresh and clean after usually a hot Summer.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably would be spring. I love the new freshness of everything - the ending of winter, the sun, the bright cheery colours, the flowers, the rich green,  the animals popping up with livelyness. Not too hot, not too cold.  Can still be pleasantly warm yet cozingly cool. Spring clothing! More performances.

AND it all happens before all the mosquitoes and deer/horse flies pop up, and can enjoy the great outdoors freely without them. Goodness, I despise those creatures.....

Second place would be the fall. The colours, the themes and flavours of fall foods and hot drinks. Halloween! Dance season starts up again. Less buggies.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love fall, too. The crisp air and bright blue sky make me happy. For me, the mid 70's are perfect temps.
We used to go down to Cape Hatteras in the fall. The weather is perfect and the house rentals are hugely discounted. We could get a gigantic, beautiful house, one of the ones that rents for $6000/week in season, for around $1000. The dogs got their own bedroom with a deck, lol! No kids and families everywhere, just fishermen and locals. It was heaven to sit on the beach all day and hang out in the hot tub at night. You just have to be sure to get the hurricane insurance, although we were lucky enough to never have an issue. A lot of the shops and restaurants are closed for the season, but the ones that are open have excellent seafood. Those were the most relaxing vacations we ever took.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely autumn. Cooling down from a disgustingly hot supper and moving to my favourite season of all - winter.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  I'm with you Tammat! I love fall as well, for all the same reasons! I also love the crunch of acorns under your feet.  

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Summer. I like the heat. You will seldom hear me complain about the heat and humidity.

And we work outside in the summer. We have the vegetable garden and our flowerbeds. There is grass to cut and lots of weeding to do...we have well over an acre of land here. We're outside from early morning til it gets dark. But I love summer. We can grill during the summer, we can swim in the pool when it gets too hot, we can sit out on the deck or in the back yard and watch the fireflies during the early evening and then watch the stars as night falls. I just love summer. I love to have picnics outside with our friends and family and spend the night out by the pool. I love campfires, sitting by the fire, watching the flames and hearing the crackle of the wood. We roast hot dogs and we make mountain pies for dessert, followed by s'mores. 

Di, Rick says the same thing about people who love the winter  
......they never go outside, they never have to clean their cars, they never to shovel a long hilly driveway, and they never have to worry about going back and forth to work in snow, ice, and freezing rain. They can sit in their comfy house and look out the window and ooh and ahh over the snow gently falling and turning the outside white. It's all in your personal preference...it's all in how you look at it, I guess.

I live for summer.

My thanks to Tammat for doing Friday's Question.

Last edited:

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like Fall the most. I like winter too *braces for flying rotten tomatoes* but this year's been harsh. I can't stand summer. Had enough of 100-degree temperatures for 20 years.