Friday The 13th

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Owners of black cats, be especially cautious! It's Friday the 13th, a day of mayhem and bad luck, according to the superstitious.

I'm not superstitious, but it seems most people are, to a greater or lesser extent. Some wear lucky socks on important days, avoid cracks in sidewalks, and some won't do something if they think it's an inauspicious time. Some folks knock wood without even knowing why (the tree dryads protect the trees, and by knocking on wood, people hope to get the dryads' attention and protection, too. Today, we have to knock plastic.)

It's time to fess up. What are your superstitions? If you don't tell all, the Friday the 13th curse will get you!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try not to be superstitious because I have OCD so if I let myself think about it, I'll get obsessive. I'm mainly superstitious about the number 13, but it's not a huge thing.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have any problems with Friday 13th. I didn't notice it yesterday until one of my co-workers mentioned it.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I am not superstitious at all, despite, or maybe because of, a very superstitious mother. She'd hunker down on Friday the 13th. Actually, I consider the number 13 my number. Thirteen pops up a lot in my life: my address, the number of letters in my name, I live on .13 of an acre, and many other thirteens.

And I ADORE black cats! I have three now, and feed several black ferals, who are my favorite ferals in the colony.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not really a superstitious person but the only supernatural thing I really believe in is spirits - I believe that ghosts exists but not in a haunting or scary way as popular culture depicts; but more as a spirit of the individual who passed.

I've never really cared much about Friday 13th. As someone whose house number is 13, I've just gotten used to it :biggrin:
I love black cats too (especially black kittens when they still have blue eyes, they look so sweet, like little teddybears!) and I feel sorry for them because they're still one of the most common types of cats who end up at shelters due to the superstitions that are attached to them. If I ever get a third cat I'd definitely get either a tabby or black cat.