Frequent Urinating and Drinking

KrissyMaddie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all!

I unfortunately only come on here when something is up with my booger, but it really helps to know I'm not alone and hear recommendations and thoughts from others who may have a similar experience!

Glenn has been thriving on his C/D food for his urinary blockages and adapting well to stressful situations now. With a little help of trazadone, he is a completely different, more social cat! However now he has the opposite issue of a urinary blockage. The last few weeks we have noticed he is peeing and drinking frequently. He has always been a bigger cat and this summer he was bunge eating, which we tried to maintain (but due to traveling on our end, it was hard to do with finding pet sitters).

He is 6.5 years, 16lbs as of July, and just in the last week, his appetite has decreased. He still will eat food when presented to him and is craving wet food over dry food. But he used to devour a cup of food in 12 hours. Now its 24.

He has an appointment this upcoming Saturday. But I wanted to hear if anyone else has experienced this? He doesnt appear to be in pain. Just a little more lazier than usual, more cuddling, and playing (for a few minutes) on his terms. From everything I found on Dr. Google, it could be diabetes, but kidney disease also popped up.

Any advice or suggestions or similar situations are appreciated!

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately these are common signs of kidney disease. Definitely a trip to the vet and a full blood panel should be done.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is excellent if he is craving wet food over dry. Dry will only lead to more problems with his health. GIVE MORE WET AND DITCH THE DRY :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KrissyMaddie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just an update, Glenn has diabetes. They're running a full blood panel to rule anything else out, but at least we have an answer!