freeze dried treats and traing,teaching cats

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:i plan to teach graycie to jump into her carrier on her own using bribery with freeze dried treats i plan to make what would be good options in chicken,turkey bits and parts that are healthy and good for her?that i can freeze dry my gf's anxiety is to counter productive and causing issues i feel like graycie feels/feeds off of it and becomes anxious herself by it. any time we go for a vet visit.:lol: so my hope is to instill a bit of confidence in the gf and trust in graycie by having them both do training sessions together to train the both of them:lol: like maybe 10 minutes each day?i need to rewire the both of them to associate the carrier as a easy no hassel thing they do together.

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like using PureBites. It's the same thing for dog or cat treats so the dog treat bags are more economical.

You can also try just leaving the carrier out at all times in a social area of your home. My boy hates the carrier on sight, but since I left it out in the living room where I often hang, it's become his favorite nap spot. Now the cat associate it as a safe happy spot rather than something it only sees when it's vet time. Now when it's vet time I just lure him over or plop him in and he doesn't scream and fight me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like using PureBites. It's the same thing for dog or cat treats so the dog treat bags are more economical.

You can also try just leaving the carrier out at all times in a social area of your home. My boy hates the carrier on sight, but since I left it out in the living room where I often hang, it's become his favorite nap spot. Now the cat associate it as a safe happy spot rather than something it only sees when it's vet time. Now when it's vet time I just lure him over or plop him in and he doesn't scream and fight me.
:lol:graycie doesnt really have much issue with the cat carrier i can easily get her in but being one handed theres no way i can keep her inside and zip it closed with out the gf's help. pure bites i use already but i want to make my own though since its easier to buy by bulk then. :lol:guess i am really hoping to cure the gf's anxiety spikes before graycies vet visits to

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:lol:graycie doesnt really have much issue with the cat carrier i can easily get her in but being one handed theres no way i can keep her inside and zip it closed with out the gf's help. pure bites i use already but i want to make my own though since its easier to buy by bulk then. :lol:guess i am really hoping to cure the gf's anxiety spikes before graycies vet visits to
Our boy doesn't fight back anymore so I really don't even have to do it one handed haha I just plop him in and he scoots on inside and I casually zip up. I have anxiety about going outside in general so I can relate to your GF. But sadly in my home I'm the one who has to wrangle the cats and drive so I just end up getting used to it due to exposure.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our boy doesn't fight back anymore so I really don't even have to do it one handed haha I just plop him in and he scoots on inside and I casually zip up. I have anxiety about going outside in general so I can relate to your GF. But sadly in my home I'm the one who has to wrangle the cats and drive so I just end up getting used to it due to exposure.
i am aware it just happens nothing can prevent it really(the anxiety)just trying to find solutions that stress neither of my girls

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband gets so anxious with vet visits. We can sneak up on Gohan if we time it right, but anything goes wrong and he wants to cancel the appointment. The other day I got the time wrong for the appointment - it was 30 min later than I thought. He couldn’t handle Gohan being sad in the carrier so he’s like “I have to let him out”. And poof, he went under the dresser and we had to cancel.

And of course my tortie grows three extra legs when we try to put her in the carrier. It’s like she is Velcro. I think what you are doing is great for the GF and kitty.

Also I second PureBites, they seem to have great ingredients and my tortie Olive loves them.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband gets so anxious with vet visits. We can sneak up on Gohan if we time it right, but anything goes wrong and he wants to cancel the appointment. The other day I got the time wrong for the appointment - it was 30 min later than I thought. He couldn’t handle Gohan being sad in the carrier so he’s like “I have to let him out”. And poof, he went under the dresser and we had to cancel.

And of course my tortie grows three extra legs when we try to put her in the carrier. It’s like she is Velcro. I think what you are doing is great for the GF and kitty.

Also I second PureBites, they seem to have great ingredients and my tortie Olive loves them.
i feed vital essentials too they have a chicken gibblets one graycie likes as well as a freeze dried pattie type food i want to try feeding graycieonly doubts i have is they dont list a taurine percentage or anything in the rabbit patty other than using the while rabbit :lol: dragon ballz huh

suzeanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I give my cat treats in the back of her carrier once a week, then close it and have my partner lift it and weigh her on a scale (she doesn't enjoy being held). For a couple months, she'd snack super quickly and hesitate to go in entirely (e.g., leaving out her back paws), but she's gotten pretty desensitized to it and sometimes randomly sniffs around in there looking for leftovers. It works really well. When I had to take her to the vet for a dental in December it was sooo simple, she was easily tricked into the carrier with only 2 treats. 99% of her time in the carrier is positive -- she goes in for treats, is locked in, lifted and weighed, then freed and given more treats!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
i feed vital essentials too they have a chicken gibblets one graycie likes as well as a freeze dried pattie type food i want to try feeding graycieonly doubts i have is they dont list a taurine percentage or anything in the rabbit patty other than using the while rabbit :lol: dragon ballz huh
Is it meant to be a complete food or a treat? If it’s supplemental you shouldn’t have to worry about taurine.

And yes, husband is huge DBZ fan lol.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it meant to be a complete food or a treat? If it’s supplemental you shouldn’t have to worry about taurine.

And yes, husband is huge DBZ fan lol.
:lol:i used to watch it with my nephew when he was little. i am not sure if its a complete food or not i know it has organs listed the cat db site has a good review about the brand though.