freeze dried cat food in Portugal?

jamie shermen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat now in good condition with the freeze dried cat food. He is eating one NZ brand. However my family now plan to move to Lisbon Portgual in 2 years. I started to search what Freeze Dried cat food available in Portgual or Europe. Can anyone help? I honestly cant find any. Even Amazon UK platform wont have stock. Now I started to become very worry since my cat had soft bloody stool for 5 months. He was on antibiotics and since I changed to freeze dried his stool is in great shape. Am worry I have to change his diet back to the normal kibbles. If anyone knows how I can buy freeze dried cat food in Portgual please let me know. much appreciated.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you looked at Pet Supplies at zooplus Online Pet Shop, Pet Food & Pet Accessories. That's a popular web site for most of Europe.

She's a witch She's a witch and gilmargl gilmargl might know of some European web sites for freeze dried cat food.

I found these Portugal web sites:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As LTS3 LTS3 has already stated there is a European on-line retailer called zooplus. Not sure whether there is a Portuguese website - I have asked and will answer later. Beware, the site I found was FAKE!
My experience with freeze-dried cat food here in Germany is that it is normally available as high quality snacks as a supplement to "normal" wet or dry cat food. Perhaps vets are not so keen as it is 100% muscle meat and lacks taurine. (But don't quote me on that. I have not done any research into the matter - my cats won't even eat the snacks).

UK excluded, Internet shopping across Europe is easy. Amazon is not good for searches as it knows where you are on-line and gives you the appropriate answers. Most products are available world-wide at a price!
I searched for "freeze dried cat food" at the German Amazon site and got this answer - in English!

but with German prices and conditions.

I'm sure you'll have no problems in Lisbon.
Good luck - I wish I was moving there - a beautiful city!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jamie shermen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so so much. I foudn
Thank You. I found Desertcart too seeems to have some choices. seems all from US so shipping fee may cost a lot.
Zooplus seems dont have freezed dry....

jamie shermen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As LTS3 LTS3 has already stated there is a European on-line retailer called zooplus. Not sure whether there is a Portuguese website - I have asked and will answer later. Beware, the site I found was FAKE!
My experience with freeze-dried cat food here in Germany is that it is normally available as high quality snacks as a supplement to "normal" wet or dry cat food. Perhaps vets are not so keen as it is 100% muscle meat and lacks taurine. (But don't quote me on that. I have not done any research into the matter - my cats won't even eat the snacks).

UK excluded, Internet shopping across Europe is easy. Amazon is not good for searches as it knows where you are on-line and gives you the appropriate answers. Most products are available world-wide at a price!
I searched for "freeze dried cat food" at the German Amazon site and got this answer - in English!

but with German prices and conditions.

I'm sure you'll have no problems in Lisbon.
Good luck - I wish I was moving there - a beautiful city!
There is a Zooplus.pt web site but no freeze dried. Where I live now has many US or NZ brand freeze dried cat food as main meal or snacks. My cat has IBD and since he is on FD his stool quality has become much better. So if I have to.change his diet will be nitemare to me.
i search Amazon Uk and seems to have some choices. However is all out of stock. 😔.
Let me try the Germany web site then.
Thank you for your reply. 😘

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
V verna davies do you know of any UK / European web site other than the ones mentioned above that sells freeze dried raw food?

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think any complete freeze-dried food market exists in Europe yet- and frankly I don't understand why, I suspect it may be some regulatory issue? I saw that Instinct started selling their food so you may have luck finding it. But as much as I know, there's no European local freeze dried brand (there must be some reason behind it imo).

jamie shermen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't think any complete freeze-dried food market exists in Europe yet- and frankly I don't understand why, I suspect it may be some regulatory issue? I saw that Instinct started selling their food so you may have luck finding it. But as much as I know, there's no European local freeze dried brand (there must be some reason behind it imo).
may i know which online shop with Instinct?