Freeing Myself Of Cats

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend said that the baby is already up to 320 g. He's going to be a big boy.

View attachment 304663
Oh how precious!! All swaddled up in a tiny blanket!! Thank you for sharing the pics with us. They makes my day.
Does he have a name yet? I would love to kiss him all over, especially that sweet belly.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Antonio65 Antonio65 , it breaks my heart to see you and these others on this site that suffer so much.....I really wish you would listen to the song, The Rose. It is usually on a Country Western Channel. I heard it the other day and it affected me deeply the way it always does. There was one passage that stuck out from all the rest, something I have been saying for years..." It's the soul afraid of dying, that never learns to live"....But it gives so much hope too, just knowing there IS hope and a future helps. You channel a lot of your life into hopelessness and grief. It becomes your life, it runs your life. You are so good on this site giving comfort to others, understanding someone's pain helps more then you will ever know. By giving comfort you bring comfort to your own soul. It is a start. Become a grief mentor, but first you must heal yourself to show the way. Together we can all heal ourselves. You are not alone in your grief, even though it seems that way. As I have always said, we are legion. Let us help you, let us all begin to live again by gaining strength form each other. In one way, we have all begun the journey to healing, because at first you must suffer, you must grieve over death, to truly learn to appreciate and to learn what living is. The same with love. Yes, it hurts so very much to lose someone we love. But look what we have gained from loving like that. Some way, ANY way, you must start living again and finding joy. You can't let grief take two lives..........

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Antonio65 Antonio65 , it breaks my heart to see you and these others on this site that suffer so much.....I really wish you would listen to the song, The Rose. It is usually on a Country Western Channel. I heard it the other day and it affected me deeply the way it always does. There was one passage that stuck out from all the rest, something I have been saying for years..." It's the soul afraid of dying, that never learns to live"....But it gives so much hope too, just knowing there IS hope and a future helps. You channel a lot of your life into hopelessness and grief. It becomes your life, it runs your life. You are so good on this site giving comfort to others, understanding someone's pain helps more then you will ever know. By giving comfort you bring comfort to your own soul. It is a start. Become a grief mentor, but first you must heal yourself to show the way. Together we can all heal ourselves. You are not alone in your grief, even though it seems that way. As I have always said, we are legion. Let us help you, let us all begin to live again by gaining strength form each other. In one way, we have all begun the journey to healing, because at first you must suffer, you must grieve over death, to truly learn to appreciate and to learn what living is. The same with love. Yes, it hurts so very much to lose someone we love. But look what we have gained from loving like that. Some way, ANY way, you must start living again and finding joy. You can't let grief take two lives..........
I sadly agree, depression can define a person.

That's a good song, and you're right, I have always been afraid of death.

Thank you for telling me that I have helped others, I am so absorbed with the tragedy of Jeff's death that I don't know how much of of help I could be.

Jeff appeared out of the blue and I never knew what her background was, neighbors didn't even know she existed. My siblings would visit but they never saw Jeff. I put her photos on this site hoping somebody would recognize what breeds went into making her- once again she has managed to stump everyone.

What kind of world is this when cats like Jeff come and go without anybody ever knowing they were here? She was ragged looking when I first met her, and the only things her eyes would register were fear, disappointment, and loneliness. Since Jeff didn't hunt, I would imagine that before she met me, her existence depended on luck- the kind that comes when somebody is feeding their outdoor cat. I convinced Jeff to allow me to give her, not just food, but also a home, one she could call her very own.

Her life didn't make any sense, and her death even less so.

Do you understand what I am saying?- there is no closure with Jeff.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of world is this when cats like Jeff come and go without anybody ever knowing they were here? She was ragged looking when I first met her, and the only things her eyes would register were fear, disappointment, and loneliness. Since Jeff didn't hunt, I would imagine that before she met me, her existence depended on luck- the kind that comes when somebody is feeding their outdoor cat. I convinced Jeff to allow me to give her, not just food, but also a home, one she could call her very own.

Her life didn't make any sense, and her death even less so.

Do you understand what I am saying?- there is no closure with Jeff.
These words made me cry! :bawling:
I am imaging Jeff struggling to find some mean of living, food, shelter.... and the fear, the cold, the hunger when the food wasn't available.
And then you, the guiding light in her dark life.
She would have liked to tell you what her life had been before you, but she just couldn't
And now we are all left in the doubt.

As I had written earlier, your life with Jeff might sound like some of my life with Tom. He came from who knows where, I didn't know what his life had been before he met me, even though I can have a slight hint. But he was literally dying when he called at my door, and blossomed again during his two years with me.

These angels without a history are sent to us to try to give us the true meaning of life. Life is a mistery, they say. These mysterious cats are creatures that comes from nothing and go back to nothing, only to reappear somewhere else, to give another person the same gift, the same lesson.
I have learned a lot from Tom, the sense of generosity of Tom was limitless. After Tom's death I subscribed a monthly donation to an international organization to help people in real difficulties around the world. Tom guided me to that stall on the street on that day, and guided my hand to sign the form.
I'm sure that Jeff has taught you a lot too.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Antonio65 Antonio65 , it breaks my heart to see you and these others on this site that suffer so much...
[...CUT...]
Yes, it hurts so very much to lose someone we love. But look what we have gained from loving like that. Some way, ANY way, you must start living again and finding joy. You can't let grief take two lives..........
Thanks so much for your wonderful words, di and bob di and bob , you have the ability to touch my heart deep inside. I appreciate your attempts to cheer me up, I'm trying to find a new meaning in my life, and probably one day I will. Right now I have to follow my own pace, a day at the time.
Sometimes it seems to me I'm taking two steps forward and one step backward. Anyway I should reach the goal sooner or later.
:hugs:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every Step counts.....nothing in this world that is worth having comes for free. When we work for something, strive for something, it becomes more meaningful and satisfying. But like that seed, that is buried so deep, there still can be a way out....
jefferd18 jefferd18 , go back and read what you wrote about Jeff's life and death. You gave her her EVERYTHING when you gave her a home of her own and her love. If she could, she would tell you that, you gave her her world, and she is at peace. There is no closure because her beautiful spirit and her spiritual love lives on through you, that will never end......

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There is no closure because her beautiful spirit and her spiritual love lives on through you, that will never end......
Exactly this.

I was trying to figure out how to verbalize this, and there you are, -- di and bob di and bob said what I was struggling to put into words for you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For everyone on here....it takes time to work your way through the grief process, I am 7 years in and just coming to terms with my grief. Some seem to take control a lot sooner then me, some others will take a lifetime. I think getting older and having so much more grief and heartache in my life seems to put everything into contex. But one thing I learned more then anything else is that grief has helped me to appreciate and be grateful for every moment I have with loved ones. That living in the present is the way to truly live.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Every Step counts.....nothing in this world that is worth having comes for free. When we work for something, strive for something, it becomes more meaningful and satisfying. But like that seed, that is buried so deep, there still can be a way out....
jefferd18 jefferd18 , go back and read what you wrote about Jeff's life and death. You gave her her EVERYTHING when you gave her a home of her own and her love. If she could, she would tell you that, you gave her her world, and she is at peace. There is no closure because her beautiful spirit and her spiritual love lives on through you, that will never end......

I re-read my words and I stand by every one of them. Yes, I gave her a home but she also gave me so much in return. She didn't have to become my friend for she already knew that I would put food and skim milk out for her twice a day, but she decided to take a chance on me.

With Jeff and myself, it truly was a case of "the love you give, is the love you get".

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
These words made me cry! :bawling:
I am imaging Jeff struggling to find some mean of living, food, shelter.... and the fear, the cold, the hunger when the food wasn't available.
And then you, the guiding light in her dark life.
She would have liked to tell you what her life had been before you, but she just couldn't
And now we are all left in the doubt.

As I had written earlier, your life with Jeff might sound like some of my life with Tom. He came from who knows where, I didn't know what his life had been before he met me, even though I can have a slight hint. But he was literally dying when he called at my door, and blossomed again during his two years with me.

These angels without a history are sent to us to try to give us the true meaning of life. Life is a mistery, they say. These mysterious cats are creatures that comes from nothing and go back to nothing, only to reappear somewhere else, to give another person the same gift, the same lesson.
I have learned a lot from Tom, the sense of generosity of Tom was limitless. After Tom's death I subscribed a monthly donation to an international organization to help people in real difficulties around the world. Tom guided me to that stall on the street on that day, and guided my hand to sign the form.
I'm sure that Jeff has taught you a lot too.

Cats like Jeff and Tom are too often kicked to the curb. When I met Jeff, i pitied the person who turned their back on such a remarkable creature, and I know you felt the same way about Tom. Sounds like you and Tom were cut from the same cloth, two very loving and giving souls.

Jeff had a very sophisticated face ( I could never picture her as a kitten), that made her look like she held all the secrets of the world. I was very proud of her, of all that she had accomplished in the face of hostility. I would imagine that Jeff was "scatted" at by stupid people and chased by aggressive dogs in numbers too horrifying to imagine. Yet she retained her dignity and class. I was so honored to have been her friend.

Sadly, while Jeff and Tom were their own cat, their situation was anything but unique. Makes you wonder where and when it started going so tragically wrong for cats.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Darlin, you, yourself, are the closure for Jeff. For she did find the meaning in her life, and it was so much deeper and richer for all that she had been through before. To go from abject misery to being loved, to having a home...And I know she gave you as much as you gave her. That's the way that love is supposed to work. Finding a meaning in her death is a bit harder, but this I know, ALL living things arise, have their time in the sun (for some, all too brief), then descend back into the earth, from which we all spring. Perhaps that is all the closure we can really have, at least in this life, to know that we are a part of a giant pattern, that each leaf that falls in the autumn makes room for a new leaf to bud forth in the spring, and in that way, we are the children of Eternity. But there is an After...we have spoken of that, you and I, and Jeff still loves you from that After, and always will.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Darlin, you, yourself, are the closure for Jeff. For she did find the meaning in her life, and it was so much deeper and richer for all that she had been through before. To go from abject misery to being loved, to having a home...And I know she gave you as much as you gave her. That's the way that love is supposed to work. Finding a meaning in her death is a bit harder, but this I know, ALL living things arise, have their time in the sun (for some, all too brief), then descend back into the earth, from which we all spring. Perhaps that is all the closure we can really have, at least in this life, to know that we are a part of a giant pattern, that each leaf that falls in the autumn makes room for a new leaf to bud forth in the spring, and in that way, we are the children of Eternity. But there is an After...we have spoken of that, you and I, and Jeff still loves you from that After, and always will.

Thank you, Mamanyt. I am sorry that I took so long to reply back but sometimes I have a hard time thinking about Jeff- her loss is just so painful to me. Your words are very uplifting and I so appreciate them. You have a beautiful way of looking at life.

I have no doubt that Jeff made my life better. I also have no doubt that I loved her dearly and will always love her. The doubt comes with finding my footing after her death, it is very hard to be the one who is left behind.

I have had cats all of my life. but for the first time I realized what having a cat friend was all about. It's rare, it's magical, and it should never ever be taken for granted.

She was a very large and somewhat overweight grey brown tabby. We became friends on a hot August day and she left me on a cold March night. I don't know what her beginnings were, but I do know her destination.

Her name is Jeff, she is my friend, and I wish her nothing but the best.

1572481113330.png

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've said so often, and say yet again...She waits patiently in a Place where Time has no meaning, and Eternity is but a moment. One day, in the fullness of time, you will go through that same Gate, and her Love will guide you back to her.

Meanwhile, all you can do is try to live as she would want you to...allowing joy to come back in its time, and honoring her love by loving others of her kind. It is your memorial to her.