Free Spay/neuter Weekend In Grand Junction, Co

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
If you live in the Grand Junction area, read this. If you need to get cats spayed/neutered - or know of people who care for cats that are not yet fixed - this is your chance to get it done before kitten season.

If all of your cats are spayed/neutered please consider contacting the phone number in the article and volunteering to help! They need volunteers to help with trapping and transporting ferals.

Free neuter, spay weekend aims to curb feline fertility

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy to hear this, if most cities would just take 1 week to sponsor a program like this, think how many little lives would be saved from a life of misery. I wonder if a program could be set up with 'traveling' vets in case area vets don't want to participate, wouldn't that be wonderful?! I would gladly donate!

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How neat to see this! I live in this area and volunteer with one of the shelters involved. I couldn’t participate, but am happy to report that they brought in 125 cats that weekend! That’s going to make so much difference come spring.

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so happy to hear this, if most cities would just take 1 week to sponsor a program like this, think how many little lives would be saved from a life of misery. I wonder if a program could be set up with 'traveling' vets in case area vets don't want to participate, wouldn't that be wonderful?! I would gladly donate!
That’s a cool idea! It reminds me of Greatergood.org with their traveling Rescue Rebuild program.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
How neat to see this! I live in this area and volunteer with one of the shelters involved. I couldn’t participate, but am happy to report that they brought in 125 cats that weekend! That’s going to make so much difference come spring.
That's so great to hear - thank you for the update! :cheerleader: