Fred the spider… we may have to evict him

degu_2009

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wait, are they being relocated or killed?

I thought they were being killed. Good riddance.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Why kill something that isn't trying to make a meal out of you? If being gross was an automatic death sentance our cats would have to euthanize us when you think of how fastidious they are.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well we didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t get a chance to relocate her due to having family members over and then drinking enough to make us tired LOL. Tonight will have to be the day. I am going to Toronto tomorrow to visit the family and this morning I noticed about 5 tiny spiders… not babies, but pretty small ones… they are slowly taking over lol. They were crawling all over the door near the lock, and once again, to someoneâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s amusement (this time a cable guy next door) I got some laughs trying to close, and lock the door lol.

Last night my boyfriends Mom looked at me like I was a total freak when she saw Fredericka and I mentioned we were waiting to relocate her. She laughed and told me I was sweet…and weird LOL.

I will let you guys know what happened LOL. I get chills just thinking about it…. Blech!! I hate spiders LOL sheâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s lucky I have grown fond of her.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lol sorry guys, things just keep coming up! I only got home from my trip on Monday, so that was a wright off as i was so tired.

Yesterday i was devastated on the state of Tasha, i dont think i have ever seen something so sad in my life, i spent the night depressed not moving from the couch.

And today might not be a good day today as i will be visiting Tasha again and it probably wont be good. I have been stalking the SPCA Director trying to get permission to bath her, i am aware i am being annoying lol.

Ill need to move her though, today she scared the crap out of me. It was windy and when i closed the door it slammed shut and jiggled her web, as her web jiggled, she lifted her two front legs twords me
. It was almost as if she was looking at me. She also seems to be spending a lot of time in the little mass she made in the corner of my window.

I might make my boyfriend just do it without me there LOL.

Ill keep you updated! As of now, shes still lives with us LOL.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Update on Fredericka

Sad news possibly....

On Saturday when my boyfriend and i got back from our grocery shopping we noticed that Fredericka had expanded her web to take up about 2 inches at the top of our front door. We decided we were going to do some house errands and then move her to a spot we had picked out in the backyard.

About 20min before we were done what we were doing, we recieved a thunderstorm warning and it started to rain really hard. About 5 min after that it started to hail....really bad... the hail was about the size of marbles and it lasted a good 15 min.

When it was over i went outside to check if she was there and she wasnt
. Most of her web was gone and all of her 6 boyfriends were gone as well. Our fronch porch was a clean as clean can be.

I only hope she got wisked away by some wind and she is making her house elsewhere.... poor girl... i actually liked her, she was growing so big too and getting more color.

Oh well, hopefully she is ok.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BaloneysMom

Update on Fredericka

Sad news possibly....

On Saturday when my boyfriend and i got back from our grocery shopping we noticed that Fredericka had expanded her web to take up about 2 inches at the top of our front door. We decided we were going to do some house errands and then move her to a spot we had picked out in the backyard.

About 20min before we were done what we were doing, we recieved a thunderstorm warning and it started to rain really hard. About 5 min after that it started to hail....really bad... the hail was about the size of marbles and it lasted a good 15 min.

When it was over i went outside to check if she was there and she wasnt
. Most of her web was gone and all of her 6 boyfriends were gone as well. Our fronch porch was a clean as clean can be.

I only hope she got wisked away by some wind and she is making her house elsewhere.... poor girl... i actually liked her, she was growing so big too and getting more color.

Oh well, hopefully she is ok.
I would imaginge she took cover up in the nooks and crannys of your porch, wherever one of her web ends was. Spiders are good like that, they leave themselves an out, in case something too big gets in their web, or a preadator comes calling.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

I would imaginge she took cover up in the nooks and crannys of your porch, wherever one of her web ends was. Spiders are good like that, they leave themselves an out, in case something too big gets in their web, or a preadator comes calling.
I think your right! I just logged on to post that my boyfriend mentioned that he saw a huge spider half hidden underneath the vinyl siding at the top of our porch! So she may be ok. Now all we have to do is wait for her to come out so we can relocate her.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems to me you've come to like this little girl quite a bit, at least to the point you were worried that she was ok. I think you have an unintentional pet! Are you sure you want to relocate her?

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Seems to me you've come to like this little girl quite a bit, at least to the point you were worried that she was ok. I think you have an unintentional pet! Are you sure you want to relocate her?
LMAO the above is completely true which makes me the biggest weirdo ever! I am still terrified of her.... and yes...she IS back. I learned the hard way this morning when I left my house and she was on the side of my door two inches from my face streching her legs out twords me
. Being that i was wearing new shoes that are really high, and I am not used to them i ended up falling off the porch, onto my knees in the slimy mud and had to go back inside, wash my legs, shoes, purse, laptop case and change my cloths.... I was 1 hour late this morning, and yes, the first thing i still do is log onto TCS Lol I should be fired!

As much as i like her, and have grown fond of her she needs to go. I am so terrified of her my boyfriend makes total fun of me about how much I like her yet I cant even look at her without feeling grossed out lol.

Oh well LOL stay tuned AGAIN for updates on her relocation.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe you have a shed or some such place where you can relocate her?

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL.

I think your going to have to add her to your siggy of you keep putting off the relocation date, LOL.

Hope relocating her goes well!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
this thread keeps getting funnier! Aww, I hope you didn't ruin your new shoes!!

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lol well I kinda of deserved it wearing shoes that are too sexy for me! Actually my Mom bought them for me and I felt bad because I hadn’t worn them yet. The shoes are fine… the metal thing that brings the water from our gutters to the ground however, is not ok.

When I fell it kind of came with me LOL I was so irritated and annoyed I just left it there. My boyfriend gave me the look of death when he came home and saw it LOL. But the shoes are fine!! LOL.

My boyfriend actually tried to hose away the web when Fredericka was on the other side of our porch. Being that he only got about a quarter of the web, I guess it’s hard to hose out a web, we now have new squatters living in the web. Today at lunch there was a 2+ inch dragonfly caught in the web and a spider was eating it!!!!!

LOL if we weren’t so lazy we would have relocated her! We keep talking about it and never doing it lol.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BaloneysMom

LMAO the above is completely true which makes me the biggest weirdo ever! I am still terrified of her.... and yes...she IS back. I learned the hard way this morning when I left my house and she was on the side of my door two inches from my face streching her legs out twords me
. Being that i was wearing new shoes that are really high, and I am not used to them i ended up falling off the porch, onto my knees in the slimy mud and had to go back inside, wash my legs, shoes, purse, laptop case and change my cloths.... I was 1 hour late this morning, and yes, the first thing i still do is log onto TCS Lol I should be fired!

As much as i like her, and have grown fond of her she needs to go. I am so terrified of her my boyfriend makes total fun of me about how much I like her yet I cant even look at her without feeling grossed out lol.

Oh well LOL stay tuned AGAIN for updates on her relocation.
Oh dear!!
I am so sorry but I had to laugh at that story! Im not laughing because you fell in the mud, but because I can almost hear her thoughts,
Spider: "Im still here, no worrys , see, can I hug you?"
Human:"Aghhhhhhh!'

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to admit I "LOLed" envisioning you grabbing the metal pipe so you wouldn't fall.... just to end up pulling it off and falling anyways. Glad you & your shoes are ok though!