Fred the spider… we may have to evict him

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

The little boogers would just kill her
Agreed! You are going though all this thought process and boyfriend cajoling to save her, dont put her where the nasty kids will just squish her outright, or worse.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I am back from my business trip and Fredericka is still just hanging out. I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know if she mated already because I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t see any of her many boyfriends, but then again I really only glanced quickly this morning. Ill get a better look when I go home.

I really should try and get better pictures of her, in the photos she looks like she is just an ugly brown but I noticed on Tues while leaving the house when the sun shines on her, her legs have some orangey color to them. If I can manage to get home for lunch today ill take some more in the sun.

As funny as it would be to put her on the neighborâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s lawn, you guys are probably right, the kids are boys and I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t recall young boys being all that scared of spiders. We live in a new area, behind us there is still no home, just long grass and weeds. Problem is, a lot of birds live there so I am not sure she would survive long. I really donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know what to do with her but we cant keep her. He web is slightly bigger then before and that mass she built in the corner of my window scares me that it is eggs.

Thanks for all the advice guys, ill see if I can show you her colors in a picture.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I don't think that death by bird is as bad as death by little boy, at least she has a chance at evading a bird.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do we really want to set a precedent like that? I'd hate to find myself and the contortions i go through to avoid a wasp (or something flying that might be a wasp) on U Tube one day!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my own Fredrica - only she keeps trying to move into the washing machine!

badkelpie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, looks like a common garden spider to me. Probably the least harmful spider you can ever encounter. They pretty much set up shop and stick around. My friend had one in her house. She lived on a houseplant. My friend caught flies for her. Then one day, a friend of hers was over and went, "ack! Spider!" and squished her.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am DEATHLY afraid of spiders, but I also don't like to kill them because they eat other bugs that I am also afraid of.
Let me just say if that thing was on my front porch I would have found a new way to enter the house. You are a lot braver then I am.

What I do is put a cup over them leave the room lock the door if possible and wait for Eric to get home so he can take it out side. Seeing that your spider is above you I don't know how you should move her. I don't want to say my fear with the broom theory because I don't want to freak you out.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, that thing on the upper left corner does look like eggs, so....... don't be surprised if those few become a few hundred sometime soon

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by badkelpie

Then one day, a friend of hers was over and went, "ack! Spider!" and squished her.
How presumptious to kill anything in someone elses house! People who know me consider me to be so crazy they would probably not kill a mosquito in my sight. I do draw the line at biting things or bugs that tend to reproduce rapidly, no problem killing skeeters or flys indoors.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
great thread, but now I'm totally creeped out after seeing Fredricka's picture.
I second the idea of relocating her to the long grass behind your house. Although it might cost you more than a nice dinner for your BF to do it!

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LMAO this thread is getting funny. You all have me laughing out loud at work reading this.

Originally Posted by psjauntie

Could you get either your BF or neighbors to video you leaving your house
I would love to see the mad dash!!
EEEkkkk! Let me tell you, i don't know if you guys read my story about the big Boxer/Pitt that was running around my neighborhood and me running around, arms flailing, screaming "YEY! OMG YEY! FUN!" running in circles to get his attention... and now this? My neighborhood must think i am a total freak, they don't even hide their laughter anymore! Its bad enough my neighbors see it LMAO.

Originally Posted by carolinalima

Ok, that thing on the upper left corner does look like eggs, so....... don't be surprised if those few become a few hundred sometime soon
i swear when i read this i got shivers!!! blech!!! yuck!! i need to do something fast!

Originally Posted by pushylady

I second the idea of relocating her to the long grass behind your house. Although it might cost you more than a nice dinner for your BF to do it!
HAHAHA Ya, every time i bring up the fact that he needs to take the broom and move her his face literally gets green. He is a big fan of killing her, the broom means he has to get up close and personal, with the possibility of getting too close and personal!! LOL poor guy, I told him its his fault for falling for the craziest chicky he could find! LOL he agreed of course.

More spiders have arrived though, its seriously freaking me out. Emy4Cats, I am right behind you on that, today i left via the back door. The web is massive now! Fredericka is taking over. Tonight we will talk about this. Its going to take a lot of sweet talking to get my boyfriend to deal with this LOL.
Got to give him credit though for not killing her, if it was up to him she would have been hosed down awhile ago... he thinks i am nuts! LOL

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would love to be your neighbor, I would be running around with you trying to catch stray animals!! Are you in GA? Florida is not that far away I might have to do a driveby and just watch the show
What time is the next floor show??

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I would love to be your neighbor, I would be running around with you trying to catch stray animals!! Are you in GA? Florida is not that far away I might have to do a driveby and just watch the show
LOL it would be nice to have another crazy woman around! I actually live in Canada, New Brunswick. Too bad, we could have given the neighbors more amusements LOL.

Whats funny is i don't even know my neighbors, they all just laugh and wave at me when they see me LOL.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I do live in Georgia, although not close to Florida, want a call next time a wasp gets in the car?

degu_2009

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would have sprayed her and her babies with poison long ago. I am terrified of spiders and that picture has me looking all over the room for spiders every time I feel an itch, LOL. I would be afraid of her babies getting into my house.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well.... tonight is Fredericks eviction. Wish us luck that she doesn't jump off the broom handle on us!

We are pretty sure that mass in the corner of the window are her eggs (what a tramp!) we need to hose that out.

I had to literally plead with my boyfriend to not evict her via the high pressure hose. I don't blame him for being apprehensive over the whole thing, i would never be able to do it myself LOL.

I will let you all know what happens. Ive actually grown fond of her LOL.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Waiting with baited breath for the update!

Make sure you get them all.....

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice to hear you guys are relocating Fredricka and her kids, rather than killing her.
I know many people are freaked out by spiders and automatically kill them, but they are just trying to make a living like the rest of us. I don't want them crawling on me or imposing themselves on my home anymore than the next person, but it IS pretty easy to relocate them without any harm to human or spider.
Teri and I are always relocating some creature from our property, snake, spider, lizard etc. The small effort to spare the life of an innocent, even if it gives you the creeps is worthwhile. They all have their purpose.